Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

As opposed to all the other horror franchises that stopped after only one or two? Anyway, I kind of liked the last one. :dunno:

I was live-messaging a close friend while watching it, being impressed with the first 75% of it, and then when "Third act, bitch!" happened, my spirits wilted, and as the "justifications" revealed themselves, I sighed a little further. I'm glad others enjoyed it, but it ultimately disappointed me.

• 2 weeks later...

Kate Winslet to star in HBO's limited series The Palace.

The Palace tells the story of one year within the walls of the palace of an authoritarian regime as it begins to unravel.

Previously announced cast also includes Matthias Schoenaerts, Guillaume Gallienne, Andrea Riseborough, Martha Plimpton and Hugh Grant. 

Edited by SpaceChampion

17 hours ago, RumHam said:

Well, Disney officially rejected my spec script for Air Bud Vs. Predator. So that's one movie that sadly isn't upcoming. 

Was that the one where the Predator landed in a MJ field and got high, which resulted in him shifting his quest to find Doritos? That is such a classic tale of overcoming obstacles and personal prejudices. 

7 hours ago, Myrddin said:

Was that the one where the Predator landed in a MJ field and got high, which resulted in him shifting his quest to find Doritos? That is such a classic tale of overcoming obstacles and personal prejudices. 

This sounds like arguably a better movie about a predator who discovers cannabis and rejects his people's ways. Mine was just based on the fact that there's actually no rule that a dog can't fight Predator. 

3 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

The are going to make a new fawlty towers, why? Why would you do that? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-64563839.amp

I was about to groan thinking this was something being done by comic actors I don't know, but... I mean, it's actually John Cleese, it's worth giving a shot to.

But why? $$$$. He's never been shy about the fact that his many divorces have left him constantly in need of money.

Edited by Ran

Yeah, they "why" is expensive divorces, and to show how cancelled he is*, by repeatedly appearing on TV and getting a new show made, specifically with his least-woke character...

*Which obviously, never happened in the 70s - presumably why Life Of Brian took about 20 years to first be shown on British TV

Edited by Which Tyler

Two more Bosch spin-offs in the works, says report

Amazon Prime TV’s Bosch series is getting another TWO spin-offs if reports are correct.

The series – starring Titus Welliver and based on Michael Connelly’s award-winning books – has already received one spin-off (Bosch: Legacy), but now Deadline reports that two more are in the pipeline.

The site says: “The first, the Untitled J. Edgar project, follows Harry Bosch’s former partner, Detective Jerry Edgar, who is tapped for an undercover FBI mission in Little Haiti, Miami. In this glamorous city, he is forced to balance his new life with the city’s gritty underbelly, while being chased by his mysterious past.

“The second drama, the Untitled Renee Ballard project, centres around a character that has not appeared on the two Bosch series to date: Detective Renee Ballard, who is tasked with running the LAPD’s new cold case division. Beyond simply investigating unsolved crimes, Renee is dedicated to bringing credibility to the department and justice to the community. Having learned from retired ally and mentor Harry Bosch, Renee does things her way – solving cases in unconventional ways while navigating the politics of being a woman on the rise in the LAPD.”

Showtime to expand ‘Billions’ & ‘Dexter’ franchises, remakes France’s ‘The Bureau’ with George Clooney
https://tbivision.com/2023/02/07/showtime-to-expand-billions-dexter-franchises-orders-the-bureau-remake-with-george-clooney/

Four Billions spin-offs are currently in development at Showtime, including Millions, Trillions, Billions: Miami and Billions: London. Meanwhile, Dexter: Origins has received a straight-to-series order, a continuation of 2021’s Dexter: New Blood is in development, and projects based on other characters in the series, such as the Trinity Killer, are being explored.

Showtime has also placed a straight-to-series order for The Department (working title) to be directed by George Clooney.

The project is based on the French drama Le Bureau Des Legendes, which aired on Canal+ from 2015 to 2020, and centers on the daily life and missions of agents within France’s principal external security service. It focuses on the ‘Bureau of Legends,’ responsible for training and handling deep-cover agents on long-term missions in areas with French interests.

9 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Untitled J. Edgar project, follows Harry Bosch’s former partner, Detective Jerry Edgar, who is tapped for an undercover FBI mission in Little Haiti, Miami.

This, I would watch.  Also know quite a bit about the community in Miami.

Spartacus sequel series in the work with Steven S. DeKnight as showrunner.

Spartacus creator Steven S. DeKnight is expanding the franchise once again with a new series currently in development at Starz. DeKnight will serve as showrunner and executive producer of the as-yet-untitled project.

The next chapter will explore uncharted territory and new journeys of the original series’ iconic characters. In the aftermath of the defeat of Spartacus and his rebel army in the series finale, the new drama will depict a new tale of treachery, deceit, and blood unfolding beneath the foreboding shadow of Rome.