Upcoming TV/Movies: Rumours, Bargains and Lies

SpaceChampion

24 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH! 

Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Reminds me I’ve still to watch the last season.

had all the books but donatedthen to charity shop. They were finebut apart from the first book, most just blurred into one another.

Dark / 1899 showrunners take over the Netflix adaptation of Something Is Killing The Children.

It sounds like what I though Dark was going to be before I actually saw Dark.  Seems like they're retreating to the safety of what they know how to do.

Something Is Killing the Children was originally published in September 2019 and centers on a boy named James. James survives a string of violent attacks on children in his town but can’t get the adults to do anything about it. They take notice though when a mysterious stranger arrives; her name is Erica Slaughter, and she’s a monster killer. The comic was originally envisioned as a miniseries, but it got so popular, it was turned into an ongoing series.

Edited by SpaceChampion

It prequel series Welcome to Derry coming to HBO Max
The show will "expand the It storytelling canvas and bring fans deeper into the terrifying, mesmerizing town of Derry."

https://ew.com/tv/it-prequel-series-welcome-to-derry-hbo-max/

Just like Pennywise, the It prequel show isn't down for the count after being talked about for quite some time. Not only that, it's officially coming to HBO Max with a full series order.

Welcome to Derry is the working title for the prequel, which will be based on Stephen King's It horror classic but will expand upon director Andy Muschietti's most recent movie adaptations.

Muschietti and his sister Barbara, who produced 2017's It and 2019's It: Chapter Two, developed Welcome to Derry with Wonder Woman scribe and It: Chapter Two co-producer Jason Fuchs.

Muschietti, who also helmed the upcoming The Flash movie and horror film Mama, is planning to direct multiple episodes, including the premiere.

Edited by Martell Spy

5 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

It prequel series Welcome to Derry coming to HBO Max
The show will "expand the It storytelling canvas and bring fans deeper into the terrifying, mesmerizing town of Derry."

https://ew.com/tv/it-prequel-series-welcome-to-derry-hbo-max/

I briefly really hoped this would be a prequel to Derry Girls

8 minutes ago, dog-days said:

I briefly really hoped this would be a prequel to Derry Girls

Same. Or sequel given the actors are in their early thirties while portraying teenagers. Let the girls (and poor James) play their own age.