Ukraine 20: We’re not bluffing and you can tell we aren’t by how we say we aren’t bluffing…

Ser Scot A Ellison

I love the argument about "common past" as justification for the incorporation. This means Poland, Finland and Baltic states may be annexed and I have no doubts about outcome of Russia organized referendums, such would be our will :lmao:.

Putin "recognised indepence" of Kherson and Zaporozhia regions, but nobody had proclaimed it, so there was nothing to recognise.

Weirdly low-key speech, but then Putin does do that, he'll issue some threat and then make some reasonable-sounding - by his standards - speech and then vanish for two months and the cycle resets.

Clearly it's bollocks and even he realises he's gone off the deep end here and absolutely nobody is buying it. He even seemed to acknowledge that Ukraine is going to go on fighting.

Still, he clearly rumbled Britian's Invisible Undetectable Stealth Drones that we're going to use to blow up pipelines we don't really care about. Oh no.

2 minutes ago, Matrim Fox Cauthon said:

On the day that Russia announces annexation, Ukraine has formally applied for NATO membership. 

They've also driven the Russians into a full-scale retreat from Lyman, from the look of it.

Their troll game is epic.

5 minutes ago, Werthead said:

They've also driven the Russians into a full-scale retreat from Lyman, from the look of it.

Their troll game is epic.

I'm not sure if it's possible to put into words just how much of a monumental strategic f***-up this "special operation" has been for Putin and Russia. Almost every strategic goal has yielded the opposite result. Even many of Russias long-time 'allies' are telling him 'no' to his face and looking for ways out. 

5 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Was Lyman captured in February or was it part of the Severodonesk push in June and July?

Lyman was one of the first cities to fall in the Donbas offensive.  It was seized by Russian troops in a long battle in May. 

Ukrainians managed to enlarge bridgehead around Eastern part of Kupiansk and made connection to bridgehead east od Dvorichne (settlement north of Kupiansk). Heavy fighting at Borove (south of Kupiansk). Russians counter-strike from Kreminna to Lyman, trying to break encirclement of the latter town. If they fail (fingers crossed) about 3000 Russian soldiers will be f****d. 

Less optimistic (if true) news from the South. Russians claim they reduced Ukrainian bridgehead at Davidovy Brod, reaching Suhyi Stavok. They allegedly repelled attack of Ukrainian mechanised unit in direction of Kherson, (at Kiselivka?), destroying some vehicles. Ukrainian SU-24 was shot down in the area. Ukrainians have not disclaimed this. No recent reports on himarsing bridges over Dnipro. Some of the launchers were probably moved to the Eastern front.

More potential news - looks like Ukraine are again ahead of the planning and used the reinforcement to Lyman as a way to roll up other parts of the front. While I'm sure it's not seamless and easy, this also has a very good possibility of causing another broad collapse across a large swath of area. 

30 minutes ago, KalVsWade said:

More potential news - looks like Ukraine are again ahead of the planning and used the reinforcement to Lyman as a way to roll up other parts of the front. While I'm sure it's not seamless and easy, this also has a very good possibility of causing another broad collapse across a large swath of area. 

Seems like Ukraine are trying to threaten Svatove and Kremmina to force Russia to either choose or spread their forces too thin trying to reinforce both. 

The section of front is held by Luhansk troops (mobiki, as Russians call them), supported by a few units subsidiary to ministry of internal affairs, not regular army. So there is a chance for spectacular breakdown of the front. Wagner boys are bleeding at Bachmut and most of  seadsoned, regular Russian troops are still in the South :)

7 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

@DMC seriously why were they so bad

....WTF?  How the fuck should I know?  Am I god of polling now? 

Seriously, I have no idea why you're @'ing me about this.  I honestly have no clue what you're even talking about, other than obviously those polls were wrong and this is upsetting to you for some reason.  So?  "With great power comes great responsibility" and all that, but it seems you're giving me all the responsibility for no reason when I have absolutely no power.

Forgive me if I'm missing that you're playing along with a multilayered joke DMC, but if you're genuinely confused I think Kal is just making a joke about your usual dynamic with each other in US Politics with respect to polls being applied to a scenario with a result that's not even pretending to be legitimate.

34 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Forgive me if I'm missing that you're playing along with a multilayered joke DMC, but if you're genuinely confused I think Kal is just making a joke about your usual dynamic with each other in US Politics with respect to polls being applied to a scenario with a result that's not even pretending to be legitimate.

I'm not confused about that, kar, no.  That's why the "joke" is much more just being a dick for no reason.

Archived