Ukraine 20: We’re not bluffing and you can tell we aren’t by how we say we aren’t bluffing…

Ser Scot A Ellison

Let's give all of a lot of us a break, since a lot of us USians are going through massive hurricane.  Even if one's own home, family etc. comes out OK, if one has been going through that kind of wind and water for many hours -- the noise -- it does do stuff to one's nervous system.  Speaking as one who has done this, and who has evacuated more than once, and who couldn't go back home for quite some days (Sandy) due the mess.

Ukraine people have it a million times worse with everything, including being killed.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm not confused about that, kar, no.  That's why the "joke" is much more just being a dick for no reason.

I checked the reactions to his post and it was your confused one that made me think you might actually be confused, you went full commitment :p

2 hours ago, DMC said:

I'm not confused about that, kar, no.  That's why the "joke" is much more just being a dick for no reason.

Sorry, I thought you would find it funny. New York times pitchbot is a parody Twitter account and I thought it'd be funny to somehow 'blame' you for an absurd and undemocratic result. Also, whenever I am writing nonseriously on this site I use zero periods at the end of my sentences. 

I'm sorry you didn't find the humor in it and I'll not tag you next time.

4 hours ago, KalVsWade said:

Also, whenever I am writing nonseriously on this site I use zero periods at the end of my sentences. 

That's..a weird indicator.

Anyway I came back from a very enjoyable day playing "push the pillows off the couch" with my niece and saw two notifications - one talking to me about how Spain and Japan choose their ceremonial heads of states and the other was this random ass attribution.  It was very WTF, sorry if I reacted too harshly.

31 minutes ago, Which Tyler said:

Warning, don't follow this link if you are a compassionate sort - I had to wuss out after about 4 paragraphs

https://ukrainevolunteer297689472.wordpress.com/2022/09/30/its-a-slaughter/

I assume you didn't get this far

A half-a-dozen Russians came into the woods where we were in a hide to catch our breath and eat, they almost ran into us, but as usual, were moving fast and talking. We cut them down before they knew what was happening.

So matter-of-fact, killing a handful of people as if it is a normal everyday thing to do. I guess you have to switch off emotionally and psychologically. I hope they can switch it back on when they return to civilian life.

Apparently, Lyman is now encircled. Looking at the figures published by Ukraine, the number of dead Russians increases by 400-500 per day. That's a 9/11 every week. I wonder how much longer Russia can sustain that, mobilisation or not.

54 minutes ago, Loge said:

Apparently, Lyman is now encircled. Looking at the figures published by Ukraine, the number of dead Russians increases by 400-500 per day. That's a 9/11 every week. I wonder how much longer Russia can sustain that, mobilisation or not.

Russia has now confirmed the fall of Lyman.

35 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm getting the impression there's a lot more bodybags than prisoners in this debacle.  They should have just surrendered in Lyman and saved thier lives.  

Reports I’ve read suggest it was a turkey shoot, like The Highway of Death, out of Kuwait City.

1 hour ago, Which Tyler said:

Anyone got any information on the Kherson front tonight?
I'm only seeing fairly cryptic hints so far

It looks like two tank battalions have attacked south on the eastern side of Archangelsk and have made solid progress. Russian reports the attack has been halted or repulsed, Ukrainian reports that it is ongoing.

Russian military bloggers, some military commanders and a few political leaders in the Duma, including some at the ceremony last week, have been saying today they cannot hold all the territories they have captured and they should now withdraw to more defensible fronts, including pulling back behind the Dnipro, but they've pointed out the idiocy of Putin's referendums making that politically impossible. This might mean that they will lose vast reams of territory rather than small amounts in a phased withdrawal to shorter, stronger lines.

Archived