US Politics: Oh Dearie, Dearie me.

A Horse Named Stranger

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

They've been absolute freakshows since 2008.

Yeah, but it gets worse each cycle. 

Next year you can watch the likes of:

DeSatan, Abbot, MTG, Gaetz, Haley, Rubio (had to throw in two marginally normal people), Senator Runaway Josh Hawley, Rafael 'Lyin' Ted' Cruz, Rand Paul and potentially Tucker 'Alpha Caren' Carlson in the worst possible political reenactment of Highlander. As neither of those freaks, will lose their empty head in a literal sense.

Needless to say, that your homestate has no less than three elephants (if you allow me that little quip) in this absolute horrorshow of a political primary. 

15 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Needless to say, that your homestate has no less than three elephants (if you allow me that little quip) in this absolute horrorshow of a political primary. 

Honestly at this point I don't really think of myself having a homestate.  Haven't since I was 18.  But I suppose you're right, it's either between Florida or Pennsylvania.  The latter has Doug Mastriano and Dr. Oz.  Now, granted, they'll lose.  But still.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

Honestly at this point I don't really think of myself having a homestate.  Haven't since I was 18.  But I suppose you're right, it's either between Florida or Pennsylvania.  The latter has Doug Mastriano and Dr. Oz.  Now, granted, they'll lose.  But still.

Dr. Oz?

You didn't list NJ as home state - unlike Dr. Oz. 

(if I had a twitter account, I could be on Fetterman's social media team).

20 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

DeSatan, Abbot, MTG, Gaetz, Haley, Rubio (had to throw in two marginally normal people), Senator Runaway Josh Hawley, Rafael 'Lyin' Ted' Cruz, Rand Paul and potentially Tucker 'Alpha Caren' Carlson in the worst possible political reenactment of Highlander. As neither of those freaks, will lose their empty head in a literal sense.

I'm not sure that the 2024 republican primary will match 2016 in terms of sheer numbers.  I think that most of the people you named will not run.  But it will be unabashedly awful.

The images/videos coming out of Florida are apocalyptic, and the storm will last for two more days, impacting a few other states along the way. It's still way too early to know, but Ian has a good chance of breaking into the top five for more expensive damage done on record in the US from a weather event. The federal aid package that will be needed is going to be substantial, and that's before we consider what kind of aid islands in the Caribbean will need. 

Also, fuck this guy:

Also, we've not heard from DMC for some hours.

~~~~~~~~~

I've been thinking of what Kal's saying this non-stop.

Also, Puerto Rico -- which never got any help for Maria from Them -- Cuba, Haiti -- the rest, all suffering because of these policies.

So Biden calls deSantis and says we're here to help.  But you know, FEMA money in These states with such governors go to sports stadiums and don't help anyone who needs help.

10 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

you forgot to mention that pompous ass Pompeo

On 9/27/2022 at 7:13 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s not true.  Plenty of Veterans who tend right get apoplectic about “stolen valor”.  This will hurt Majewski a lot.

Scot, you forgot how many veterans allowed Trump to get away with this with all his shit against McCain, his claiming that living in the 80s was his Vietnam or whatever. They truly don't care about stolen valor unless it's coming from the left.

27 minutes ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Scot, you forgot how many veterans allowed Trump to get away with this with all his shit against McCain, his claiming that living in the 80s was his Vietnam or whatever. They truly don't care about stolen valor unless it's coming from the left.

Check out Majewski’s Twitter feed.

DeSantis is one of those guys advocating for drowning federal government in the bathtub.  Even before Florida was drowned by Ian he was on the phone demanded federal financial and every other kind of help.  If They'd already accomplished Their goal of drowning the government -- and They've come damned close already -- who They gonna call?  Hint: don't try ghostbusters.

~~~~~~

Hope DMC is ok.  As I personally know all too well, often for many, the worst is after the storm has passed, as one sits amidst the flood, no power, no water, no food, and blankets of mosquitoes.  Sometimes, nay, often, for days.  Which of course They merrily condemned Puerto Rico and so many others, finally to acknowledge the conditions with a bombardment into the faces of those US citizens of paper towels.  Bet those towels weren't Bounty either.

Supreme Court to hear 2 cases with major implications for 2024
The Court's new term starts in October and includes significant voting cases.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/09/29/supreme-court-2024-election-cases-00059380

A pair of cases about to reach the Supreme Court could reshape the 2024 election.

One lawsuit out of North Carolina could have broad ramifications, with Republicans asking the Supreme Court to revoke the ability of state courts to review election laws under their states’ constitutions. The reading of the Constitution’s Elections Clause that underpins the case — called the “Independent State Legislature” theory — has gotten buy-in from much of the conservative legal world, and four Supreme Court justices have signaled at least some favorability toward it.

The decision in the case could upend American elections. And another case out of Alabama that will be heard on Tuesday involves a challenge to the state’s congressional map — and whether Black voters’ power was illegally diluted. The result could kick back open congressional redistricting in several states two years after the entire nation went through a redraw.

39 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

From her statement: "He gave me the best job title you can ever earn: Mom." Barf.

Where Roger Stone And Ginni Thomas Stand In 1/6 Probe | The Mehdi Hasan Show

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Check out Majewski’s Twitter feed.

Majewski had another lie revealed. He wasn't allowed to re-enlist after his initial four-year commitment. He said it was because he got in a fight with another service-member. That's untrue, unless the "other service-member" was Captain Morgan. He was busted for a DUI.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-afghanistan-ohio-campaigns-only-on-ap-14b98ee6b4e8ff023729a4498ade2ac0

51 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Majewski had another lie revealed. He wasn't allowed to re-enlist after his initial four-year commitment. He said it was because he got in a fight with another service-member. That's untrue, unless the "other service-member" was Captain Morgan. He was busted for a DUI.

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-afghanistan-ohio-campaigns-only-on-ap-14b98ee6b4e8ff023729a4498ade2ac0

What is sad is how he keeps lying and making it worse then plunging ahead as if no one noticed his lies…

A quiet bureaucratic twist on Biden's student loan forgiveness package that (seems to) render most of a million borrowers not eligible for the forgiveness package.  Affects some categories of privately (?) held loans, speculation is the banks owning those loans would have grounds to sue.

The Biden administration just changed the rules for student loan forgiveness : NPR

At the center of the change are borrowers who took out federal student loans many years ago, both Perkins loans and Federal Family Education Loans. FFEL loans, issued and managed by private banks but guaranteed by the federal government, were once the mainstay of the federal student loan program until the FFEL program ended in 2010.

Archived