US Politics: Oh Dearie, Dearie me.

A Horse Named Stranger

7 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

So this is a good example of why some of us despise Republicans and the fake ass people who help elect them-

"Matt Gaetz Votes No On Relief Money As Florida Grapples With Hurricane Ian Aftermath | HuffPost Latest News" https://www.huffpost.com/entry/matt-gaetz-disaster-relief-hurricane_n_6338e588e4b08e0e606e676e

Matt Gaetz is a Florida native.

The fact that he represents a Florida district is much more relevant than where he was born. :)

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

The fact that he represents a Florida district is much more relevant than where he was born. :)

Thats why i threw in the derisive comment about "fake-ass" for the enablers, the actual Floridians voting him in when he could care less for so many of them.

I think he thinks he's Rand Paul cool, making the tough guy stand.  Shame on the voters that make him possible.

30 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Thats why i threw in the derisive comment about "fake-ass" for the enablers, the actual Floridians voting him in when he could care less for so many of them.

I think he thinks he's Rand Paul cool, making the tough guy stand.  Shame on the voters that make him possible.

It makes perfect sense from a libertarian a$$hole perspective.  It may be his state but it’s not his district.  They are not his responsibility. Support and services are only relevant when of direct benefit. It’s all transactional - just like his “dating” history. 

CPAC deletes tweet that used pro-Putin language
The conservative political organization referred to the tweet as “unapproved.”

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/10/02/cpac-deletes-tweet-putin-ukraine-00059925

The Conservative Political Action Conference has deleted and backtracked on a Friday tweet that adopted pro-Russia rhetoric, amid the Kremlin’s annexation of Ukrainian territories.

“We must oppose Putin, but American taxpayers should not be shouldering the vast majority of the cost,” CPAC’s Twitter account posted Saturday after deleting the original tweet. The original tweet remained online due to a “massive time zone difference,” as CPAC is currently hosting a conference in Australia, the tweet said.

The original tweet read:

“Vladimir Putin announces the annexation of 4 Ukrainian-occupied territories. Biden and the Dems continue to send Ukraine billions of taxpayer dollars. Meanwhile, we are under attack at our southern border. When will Democrats put #AmericaFirst and end the gift-giving to Ukraine?”

The tweet also featured an image of a Russian flag and described the annexation as “official” in an accompanying image that listed the territories.

The reference to “Ukrainian-occupied territories” seemingly suggested that the Russians — rather than the Ukrainians — had the rightful claim to the areas Russia annexed. The United States has condemned Russia’s recent annexation attempts as illegal.

So, CPAC wants HIMARs, tanks and armoured vehicles to be deployed on the southern border to...massacre civilians on US soil, or... carry out attacks on the sovereign territory of Mexico?

When the media and govt press releases announce that the US is "giving" Ukraine arms and ammo, is there some assumption that Ukraine isn't going to have to pay. The US govt might be letting Ukraine use their US DoD Mastercard to pay for the ordinance, but their payments will come due sooner or later, with a nice credit card sized interest rate.

Biden to GOP critics of student debt relief: ‘Bring it on’

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/weekly-education/2022/10/03/biden-to-gop-critics-of-student-debt-relief-bring-it-on-00059958

BIDEN DEFENDS STUDENT DEBT RELIEF PLAN: President Joe Biden struck a defiant note against Republican attacks of his student debt relief plan over the weekend — after a week where the proposal faced a wave of legal challenges and his administration scaled back part of the policy. Seven GOP-led states are now suing to block the plan.

“I know I’m being banged up by the Republicans, but bring it on,” Biden said during remarks at a Congressional Black Caucus Foundation event on Saturday night.

Biden touted the debt relief plan as a “game-changer” for millions of families, especially the 70 percent of Black student borrowers who also received a Pell grant and will be eligible for up to $20,000 of relief. “For many Black students, this loan forgiveness will wipe out the student debt completely,” he said. “For others, it will provide significant relief.”

3 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm starting to get worried about Fetterman. This crime campaign by the Reps seems to work.

I'm worried about all Democrats in close races. For instance, in Nevada Laxalt has led in the last 5 polls and I fear that seat is lost. Georgia continues to be on a knife edge and I dont know if Warnock can pull it off. Ron Johnson also appears to be steadily pulling ahead in WI, so holding the Senate will be quite tough.

28 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

I'm worried about all Democrats in close races. For instance, in Nevada Laxalt has led in the last 5 polls and I fear that seat is lost. Georgia continues to be on a knife edge and I dont know if Warnock can pull it off. Ron Johnson also appears to be steadily pulling ahead in WI, so holding the Senate will be quite tough.

3 hours ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm starting to get worried about Fetterman. This crime campaign by the Reps seems to work.

Time to face it, whatever happens in 2022, this country is absolutely fucked long term. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Time to face it, whatever happens in 2022, this country is absolutely fucked long term. 

Seems so many big time TV and other grifters learned from 45 how easy it is to lie, cheat, and steal from American's when one is in office.  Not that he started this type of grifting tho, but he sure has seemed to perfect it.   And the other grifters learned, oh how they learned.

18 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Seems so many big time TV and other grifters learned from 45 how easy it is to lie, cheat, and steal from American's when one is in office.  Not that he started this type of grifting tho, but he sure has seemed to perfect it.   And the other grifters learned, oh how they learned.

Conservative voters have always been extremally gullible. The problem now is the idiots are the new establishment. We're in a sad place when it's actually politically savvy for someone like MTG to come out and say Democrats are trying to kill every Republican, and that the process has already begun. Shit, that might make her Speaker sooner than not. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Shit, that might make her Speaker sooner than not. 

That would be a nightmare.  Dr Oz selling his supplements and diet BS from the floor of the Senate, cuz we seRioAs peoPle.

8 minutes ago, Raja said:

Oh come on, conservative have always had great family values, like when Newt Gingrich needed his daughters from his first wife to come out and say his second wife was lying about how his affair started with his third wife. 

All you need to do is fire a finger gun into the sky every morning and say, "My bad, Jesus," and you're all good, baby.  

Archived