Craster, the Starks, the Others, and Human Sacrifice

On 1/5/2023 at 11:24 AM, Craving Peaches said:

She's killed like 5 people total, one of whom was in self-defence, most of the others were kills she was ordered to carry out or to escape captivity. The only killing she carried out purely of her own free will that served no purpose was Dareon.

Queen of Corpses. Arya kills people. She peels off their faces. She wears the faces of the dead. She defiles the bodies of the dead. She surrounded herself with the dead. Queen of Corpses is a good way to describe Arya.  

6 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Queen of Corpses. Arya kills people. She peels off their faces. She wears the faces of the dead. She defiles the bodies of the dead. She surrounded herself with the dead. Queen of Corpses is a good way to describe Arya.  

When did this happen? Because it hasn't happened in the books I read.

53 minutes ago, Damsel in Distress said:

It is disrespectful to skin the dead and use their bodyparts to commit crime.  The Boltons were doing that to the Starks and it was wrong then.  It's wrong for the faceless and Arya to do the same. 

In GRRM's other stories with similar details, the skin needs to be taken from the living in order for the magic to work. Certainly the Boltons prefer to flay living victims. Which takes things from disrespectful to horrific.

The dream vision of the Stark woman cutting the prisoner's throat was shown to Bran for a purpose.  It wasn't to give him a history lesson on his family.  Bran has seen violence before.  In his very first chapter as a matter of fact.  The Starks have a very dark past that has been hidden from the records.  Bran will bring back the ceremony of the human sacrifice and it will be a river of blood.  Bran is not a nice little boy.  He will get worse as he gets older. 

15 minutes ago, Shierak Qiya said:

The dream vision of the Stark woman cutting the prisoner's throat was shown to Bran for a purpose.  It wasn't to give him a history lesson on his family.  Bran has seen violence before.  In his very first chapter as a matter of fact.  The Starks have a very dark past that has been hidden from the records.  Bran will bring back the ceremony of the human sacrifice and it will be a river of blood.  Bran is not a nice little boy.  He will get worse as he gets older. 

I agree, I think past Starks offered human sacrifices to the Other. But stopped long enough ago that it was forgotten completely, except by the Weirwoods. Meanwhile you have the Targaryens. Let’s look at their family and ethnic history, I got it written down right here!…….Oh……Oh Jesus Christ…..no……no……NO! 

15 hours ago, Shierak Qiya said:

I predict darker things for Bran. He will surpass Euron as the darkest of the villains. 

Archived