Football: international suffering

Iskaral Pust

Tomori and Maddison are much more egregious omissions. England are stacked at RB/RWB and Reece James is at least as good as TAA. Both James and Tripper have also performed better than TAA in the NT setup.

Maguire has been atrocious for a year while Tomori has been among the best CBs in Serie A. Even though Maguire has been better for England, there's no reason to not give Tomori a chance and integrate him into the squad.

Similar story with Kane. He plays until he's run into the ground while Southgate refuses to give others a proper chance to integrate themselves into the squad.

Maddison has been in excellent form and doesn't even get a call-up. 

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

I’d rather he not play but seems odd to not play one of the more creative players in the world when your team can’t score goals 

Alexander-Arnold’s not in great form at the moment so it’s not a particular surprise Southgate’s not picking him given he’s obviously not a big fan. The issue for me is that Southgate really should have been building the side around him for a few years now but that ship has sailed.

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

I’d rather he not play but seems odd to not play one of the more creative players in the world when your team can’t score goals 

I am under the impression that Southgate is a coach who will sacrifice some attacking aspects in his game for more defensively safe ones. Arnold seems to struggle in his defensive duties so I guess that's why he excluded him. 

This Channel 4 coverage is entirely deserving of this shitty game of football. I have no idea what game Joe Cole, incidentally the worst shit pundit in the history of shit pundits, is watching, but it ain't England v Germany.

And don't get me started on Graham le Saux. 

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

This Channel 4 coverage is entirely deserving of this shitty game of football. I have no idea what game Joe Cole, incidentally the worst shit pundit in the history of shit pundits, is watching, but it ain't England v Germany.

No pundit has ever been worse than Michael Owen. 

11 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

In fairness it’s your own fault for watching a glorified international friendly. You don’t deserve good punditry if you choose to do that to yourself.

21 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Oh right, that match is tonight.

As for pundits at least you have no former City players luading their owners as role models, so stop moaning, or Micah Richards will pop up on your tv screen.

2 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

In fairness it’s your own fault for watching a glorified international friendly. You don’t deserve good punditry if you choose to do that to yourself.

R U kidding? This is great! I am a Scottish Gooner, watching an utterly dismal England, led by a Harry Kane who hasn't scored for eons, while Slabhead Maguire continues to make an absolute dunderfuck out of the process of being a professional footballer.

So while the match itself may grim and shitty, the inescapable truth is that international football doesn't get much better than this. 

Archived