Football: international suffering

Iskaral Pust

Nkunku is a good player but needs a very specific system in which to thrive. Any club signing him needs to have a manager who has a clear idea on exactly how to use him. Leipzig have changed their system a bit in order to accommodate Werner this season and that's had an impact on Nkunku - his creative play has taken a hit and his performances in general (so far) have not been as good as last season.

10 minutes ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Well, Nkunku has no release clause (at least afaik) in his rather recently extended contract. So Chelsea will have to fork over quite a bit of cash.

Reports say he has a release clause of 60m euros.

ETA - Not an option until next summer though.  They'd have to pay more to get him in January.

6 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Reports say he has a release clause of 60m euros.

Kicker reported that his new contract does not have a release clause coming into effect next year.

We'll have to wait and see though. There were loads of reports about Haaland's release clause from normally reliable sources and they all turned out to have been wrong.

Best of luck at the WC, Neymar. Break a leg. Seriously. 

13 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

So Chelsea are going after Nkunku, Bellingham, Rice, Gvardiol, Spider-Man, SuperTed and Harry Styles next summer then? Have I missed anyone out?

The Blob will be our next keeper. Lock it in. 

On 9/30/2022 at 6:03 PM, Spockydog said:

A season-ticket holding mate has got the Covid. Booooooooooo!

I am now attending my first NLD in about six years. Hooray!

The atmosphere at the stadium must have been amazing.

39 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

We're not going to finish in the top half of the table.

This season is a write-off.  The fatigue hangover is very real.  I thought this article  captured it well.  (Sorry for pay wall).  Especially when he says the worst part was the first 30 minutes of every game, which aligns well with Liverpool conceding early so often since April.

The crowded schedule because of the WC is only making it worse.  They need to find a way to manage the players back to fitness somehow.

Archived