Football: international suffering

Iskaral Pust

13 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

It's not like TAA is the only one being a bit pants at the moment.

Of course, but he's being targeted specifically now in a very obvious way and unless Klopp acknowledges and changes something you're gonna have problems from here on out. I don't know whether that's minor tactical tweaks to get a midfielder covering behind him, a formation change, or even just biting the bullet and trying to convert TAA to midfield, but something's got to give.

11 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

For me it’s definitely VVD who has been our worst performer of the season based on expectations. He has been bang average at best. Completely checked out except for the World Cup I guess.

Agreed.  I think this is going below the radar but he has become ridiculously casual.  The CL final goal was on him as much as TAA.  It happens all the time with him now.

But there are lots of players performing very badly now and the common factor is fatigue and the fragility of the system when effort drops by 10-20%.

Meanwhile in the Bundesliga. More or less perfect Bayern matchday with losses for Union and more importantly Dortmund. 

Freiburg won, and are level on points with Union on 17 points. Bayern and Dortmund are in pursuit with 15 points.

Like I said, Freiburg and Union won't win the league. And the Bayern crises mode headlines were blown out of proportions. 

Anyway, time get ready and let's see how my idiot team manages to ruin my weekend.

Wolves are doing that thing where they've got loads of pretty passing but nothing about it is anything to do with West Ham. No passes targetting weaknesses or trying to make specific gaps, just a nice pattern. 

West Ham meanwhile are putting a runner behind Alt-Nouri every time they get the ball and it's ruining Wolves' whole day.

Klopp has a contract through to June 2026. I don't see him walking out on his contract so unless he gets sacked, this won't be his last season. I don't think binning a no.2 is going to make that much of a difference tbh - Lijnders works under Klopp's direction, not the other way around. It's like when a section of the Liverpool fanbase were shitting themselves when Buvac left as though he was primarily responsible for the coaching and tactics and Klopp was just a glorified cheerleader. What FSG need to do is make enough funds available to revamp the midfield – Ox, Keita and Milner need to go.

7 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Anyway, time get ready and let's see how my idiot team manages to ruin my weekend.

By playing awful football, wasting a 90+3 minute sitter, thus making me go home with a feeling of annoyance after a 0-0 draw. 

Guardiola ball: I want the player who has the ball to have three possible passes.

We: Our players run into the same zones and offer no good options for forward passes. :tantrum:

Archived