Football: international suffering

Iskaral Pust

4 hours ago, Consigliere said:

21 goals in 23 games.

But the service he gets at City is vastly superior to that of the national team or at Dortmund (where he scored 86 goals in 89 games). City create boatloads of chances and were scoring 100+ goals every season in all competitions without Haaland. 

Let me tell you guys, with the team Norway puts out these days, that's a scary high number. 

Apart from Ødegaard and Haaland, we don't really have a good team. So we're too easy to shut down. Though, with those two we're miles ahead of where we've been for the last decade, so I'm not complaining overmuch.

1 hour ago, ljkeane said:

1-0 Inter.

Totally expected this glorious victory.

I'll watch the game tomorrow, but if the stats are something to go by, it seems like we did it with good old Inter catenaccio.

This win brings us 3 million, combine that with the Victoria Plzen win, 6 mil in the pocket already which is important to keep the club afloat. 

8 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Milner and Elliott come on, and Rangers start battering us. Hmm.

Klopp gonna Klopp :rolleyes:

Seriously, Elliot is at best a squad player. I've not seen anything from him that points to him starting in a top team playing for trophies. He will do well in most mid table teams imho .

7 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

He's still young so may improve further of course, but he's a Championship level player at the moment.

Anyway, we'll still get pumped by Arsenal on Sunday but that was a much better performance. Both Henderson and Thiago were great in the midfield and all of the forwards put in decent shifts too, though their finishing could have been more clinical.

:lol: when was the last time Liverpool were pumped by Arsenal? This is more likely a spot where Liverpool gets their shit together.

The latest meeting between Arsenal and Liverpool (I think) was a very exciting game, which turned on (IIRC) a soft goal from Jota.

Since then Arsenal have improved greatly, and Liverpool are looking distinctly worse. So on that evidence, Arsenal are favourites. However, Liverpool clearly have good players if they can get their basics together, so I see no reason to write them off pregame.

22 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

The latest meeting between Arsenal and Liverpool (I think) was a very exciting game, which turned on (IIRC) a soft goal from Jota.

Since then Arsenal have improved greatly, and Liverpool are looking distinctly worse. So on that evidence, Arsenal are favourites. However, Liverpool clearly have good players if they can get their basics together, so I see no reason to write them off pregame.

Last two matches, Liverpool has won 7-0 combined, with 35 shots for Liverpool to 8 from Arsenal and an average of 63% possession to Liverpool. It's been... not fun as an Arsenal fan. You are right though that the last game, Arsenal was in it until a soft Jota goal in the 2nd half but then the wheels came off.

14 minutes ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Oh, I reckon not. 

I was referring to this match (found the site in Norwegian owing to being in .. well, Norway), but that's the latest league game I recall. And it was a close thing on just about every metric.

Oh, you're right. I was looking at 2021 matches.

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Arsenal 2022/23 are a million light years from where we were a season ago.

Liverpool are there for the taking, and I full expect them to get took.

Oh I know. I'm just lowering my expectations.

Archived