Discussing House of the Dragon Episode 6

Westeros

Half way through the season, and “The Princess and the Queen” makes the boldest jump yet as a decade has passed since the previous episode, new actors play key roles, and a passel of new young characters appear. Linda and I return with with our usual non-review focus on providing some more background information and changes from the source material to the screen. Lots of background in this particular episode:

https://www.westeros.org/Graphics/Gallery/_medium/HotD_Laenor-Rhaenyra-Joffrey_01.jpg

View the full article

Mellos = Dr Hoffmann had me in stitches. 

in honor of the Blackadder reference I’ll just post this here because it’s worth it:

Blackadder: “It wouldn’t have anything to do with leeches, would it?
Doctor: I had no idea you were a medical man.
Blackadder: Never had anything you doctors didn’t try to cure with leeches. A leech on my ear for ear ache, a leech on my bottom for constipation.
Doctor: They’re marvellous, aren’t they?
Blackadder: Well, the bottom one wasn’t. I just sat there and squashed it.
Doctor: You know the leech comes to us on the highest authority?
Blackadder: Yes. I know that. Dr. Hoffmann of Stuttgart, isn’t it?
Doctor: That’s right, the great Hoffmann.
Blackadder: Owner of the largest leech farm of Europe.”

I caught only the outrageous giant reference from the Pentos scene but I could not remember much about it. Cool background namedrop.

Did ya'll get the sense that Larys is making moves playing both sides while pretending to be on Alicent's side? In ep 5 when he tells Alicent about Rhaenyra's tea, seemed like he knew that Alicent was weak and feeding her rumours would just push her over the edge and making her vulnerable to bad advise playing on her desperation to save her fam. At the same time he's telling on Rhaenyra to further damage her reputation. Then in ep 5 he  kills Harwin who was just about to become a victim of more rumors, his death put a stop on that (b/c out of sight out of mind - it's easier to forget about a dead person) which can somewhat help Rhaenyra gather some strenght while at the same benefiting Alicent by getting rid of Lyonel. He can use this to implicate Alicent if it's time to switch teams too. 

Archived