The Last of Us (HBO) Trailer: Show and game spoilers

psynetik123

Very hyped for this. Assuming there is going to be nothing taken from TLOU2 in season 1 I am very interested to see how they flesh out a story in the original game and Left Behind that could be covered in a single movie to 8(?) broadcast hour episodes. Plenty of scope for a lot more character development for all of the support characters. Would love to spend a couple of episodes running with Tess and Joel's crew to see how the whole white, grey and black market economies work in that world. Why were they fair-weather black-market buddies with Robert and why did he end up betraying them?

I didn't think much of the first trailer, just seemed like a well produced product of stuff I've seen a million times before. This one caught my interest just a bit, and if its the Chernobyl team then that is a positive thing. I'm still pretty much done with post apocalypse stories, and as good as The Last of Us is as a game I never thought the story was something I'd want to watch on screen, and I'm still not sure I do.

On 12/5/2022 at 11:34 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Bella Rasmey could not have been a more perfect casting choice.

You wouldn't think that with the number of people on Reddit and on Youtube comments sections complaining about how ugly she is and how they should've cast someone better looking.

26 minutes ago, psynetik123 said:

You wouldn't think that with the number of people on Reddit and on Youtube comments sections complaining about how ugly she is and how they should've cast someone better looking.

And we simply ignore those people.

I find it sad that people didn’t like part two. I understand the people for whom it was too bleak, but everyone else’s reasons seem suspect. I just recently bought a PS5 and am playing the port of the first game. The end of part two hits so much harder after Ellie telling Sam her greatest fear. I’d forgotten. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...