UK Politics - Closing Down Sale

Derfel Cadarn

1 hour ago, Wade1865 said:

The British economy has taken a Pounding.

Reveal hidden contents

I'll be here all night.

Certainly doesn't have the sterling reputation that it used to.

I can't remember a time - it must surely be unprecedented? - when both a Prime Minister and a Chancellor have had to deny they'll be resigning/sacked within six weeks of taking office (a chunk of which, as noted above, was a time in which political activity was effectively suspended).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63244805

The crazy thing is it's not unbelievable that one or both might actually go by early November.

It would be a hell of a twist if it took the Labour party five years to get rid of a leader the members wanted but the MPs didn't, and the Tory party six weeks to do the same thing.

Looks like she will finally perform the long overdue fiscal u-turn, to solve the Truss issue of the markets (yes, I had to get this in, since the start of the next UK Pol thread is so far in the future, there's a chance she might not even be PM anymore by then).

My bold prediction, she stays on, but Krazi Kwarteng will be out.

Kwarteng has to be sacked for any hope of Truss remaining.  Long term I don't think it will be enough and Truss will also get removed.  but maybe they will wait until next year (as long as Kwarteng goes real soon)

One wonders could Truss try to replace Kwarteng with Mog?

Archived