UK Politics - Closing Down Sale

Derfel Cadarn

I’ll be curious to see what the angle is for why Kwasi gets sacked, if that’s what’s happening. I mean don’t get me wrong, he appears to be massively shit as a Chancellor, but he’s pretty much only had time for one mini-budget which Truss signed off on. What’ll be the ostensible reason for it?

55 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Truss is going to hold a press conference without Kwasi. I think we are about to see someone thrown under a bus. 

Truss' one notable skill. When it comes to throwing people under busses, she's, well, she's bang average but very willing.

As we see. He's gone.

1 minute ago, DaveSumm said:

I’ll be curious to see what the angle is for why Kwasi gets sacked, if that’s what’s happening. I mean don’t get me wrong, he appears to be massively shit as a Chancellor, but he’s pretty much only had time for one mini-budget which Truss signed off on. What’ll be the ostensible reason for it?

He is certainly getting the blame for the 45p tax fiasco, something Truss seems to distance herself from. Above anything else he will probably just be the fall guy to calm the markets and help give Truss more time.

He achieved what he was installed in Number 11 to do.

And now a whole bunch of Tory donors have made a killing shorting the British economy. But, instead of the whole grubby affair being investigated by the SFO, Kwarteng will get a lovely plum job working for some cunt's hedge fund.

Jeremy Hunt apparently in as Chancellor.

Hunt has made a name for himself as a somewhat sensible Conservative in recent years. It'll be interesting to see if he can maintain that as Chancellor or if he'll immediately snap back to following the party line in cabinet.

16 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

PeoplePolling research for TV channel GB News put Labour on 53 per cent, to 19 per cent for Tories and 9 per cent for Liberal Democrats. 

Holy shit. That is fucking hilarious. 

Look up a recent bit of Canadian history and Prime Minister Kim Campbell. That will give you an indication of how far the Tories can fall.

Welcome to that feeling of having a head of state who cant form coherent sentences for 10 minutes straight, a revolving door of cabinet ministers, and every day bringing some new chaos that leaves the future of the country uncertain. At least when Labour takes over the reigns of government it will be a peaceful transition of power,

1 hour ago, karaddin said:

His resignation letter:

https://twitter.com/KwasiKwarteng/status/1580892129630777346?t=VSvhGiLHuUBqnL2D0rhYUw&s=19

Thought he was going to be angry after the start but I guess he's accepted his new role under the bus and thinks he can come back later

Notice how he keeps referring to ‘her vision’ - meaning ‘don’t pin the blame all on me!’

37 minutes ago, IheartIheartTesla said:

Welcome to that feeling of having a head of state who cant form coherent sentences for 10 minutes straight, a revolving door of cabinet ministers, and every day bringing some new chaos that leaves the future of the country uncertain. At least when Labour takes over the reigns of government it will be a peaceful transition of power,

Hooliganism is in the heart and soul of the UK populace. It’s their state of nature. If they start caring about their government like they care about their sport, not even god can save us all…

Archived