Best friendship in ASOIAF

My joking reply about Tommen and Ser Pounce aside, I see that Tyrion and Penny haven't been given a major focus by the fandom (they're mentioned in this thread but I haven't seen too much theorizing about where that relationship is going.)

I suppose you could say it's more of a mentor type relationship than an actual friendship, but Tyrion does clearly care about Penny in some way, and it's probably going to contribute to his character development.  Sadly, I fear her contribution to Tyrion's character will result in her death at some point.

On 9/30/2022 at 3:11 PM, Canon Claude said:

I thought that Alysane made it very clear that she wasn’t Asha’s friend, and she hated the Ironborn.

She has, though not in a particularly aggressive way, and to be honnest we have seen characters creating unlikely bonds and becoming friends under unordinary circumstances before in ASOIAF. 

12 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I had a dream that the Others were coming and I had to build the Wall all by myself from scratch, with the snow that lay on the ground. I had only my bare hands to do so.

I'd welcome them with snowballs :)

Happy Spooktoberween. NNN & DDD up next :devil: :lmao:

Areo Hotah and his axe for the win.  If all of the characters in the story stroked their significant other as lovingly and regularly as he does that axe, everyone would be happy and much less frustrated.

Joking aside....

Do stories from other parts of the time-line count, so long as they're in-universe?  Because if so, 100% the best friendship is Dunk and Egg.

Archived