Watch, Watched, Watching: Festival Time!

Zorral

21 minutes ago, Mexal said:

This is the original article it's based on. I haven't seen the show so I don't know crazy it got but given it's Ryan Murphy, I'm sure it's very insane.

Thanks, yeah I did a little google.. I guess it's only sorta loosely related to real life. Wasn't sure who Ryan Murphy was, but seems he's the Glee and American Horror Story guy.. that adds up the more I watch this show now.

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Thanks, yeah I did a little google.. I guess it's only sorta loosely related to real life. Wasn't sure who Ryan Murphy was, but seems he's the Glee and American Horror Story guy.. that adds up the more I watch this show now.

The true story part is that the family got the creepy letters. Everything else, anything about anyone being in the house who shouldn't have been or any kinda death is total fiction. 

Spoiler

I particularly liked that because some guy in town killed his family 30 years ago they decided to have him be one of the bad guys and changed it so that the murders happened in that house. 

I saw there's a podcast based on The Watcher. But I have to say the story wasn't told in a way that interested me *that* much in the show. I did get to the end but the final episode wasn't all that satisfactory to me. It was enough to keep me watching for seven episodes I guess. 

I really like the final season of The Good Fight. After the over the top season five I find it a return to good form and I constantly admire their ability to be up to date with the current events (they even mentioned Ukraine and sanctions on Russia). 

I also like Peripheral, visuals are incredible and the story is gripping. 

This is like the most underrated thing ever in existence. Pulp Fiction meets No country for old men meets City of God. It's not pirated, local producer's channel. Waited so long for a decent quality uncut version. The budget is similar to Robert Rodriguez El Mariachi. But you won't believe it when you see it.

Edit

@Zorral no horsies but there's a cock. The type that crows.

I have completely lost track of and interest in Lost. But I’m sure Criston Cole is from the dharma initiative. The only ageless immortal beings who don’t turn to dust or sparkle in the sunlight and don’t need a special mineral to retain their ageless immortality. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

I have completely lost track of and interest in Lost. But I’m sure Criston Cole is from the dharma initiative. The only ageless immortal beings who don’t turn to dust or sparkle in the sunlight and don’t need a special mineral to retain their ageless immortality. 

I'm curious how far you got? 

The selective aging of people on Hot D was really crazy. They should have cast someone a little older and used makup or CGI to make him younger in at least his first two appearances. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

But I’m sure Criston Cole is from the dharma initiative. The only ageless immortal beings who don’t turn to dust or sparkle in the sunlight and don’t need a special mineral to retain their ageless immortality. 

Spoiler

Don't you mean Richard?  Other than Ben - who obviously does age - we really only see Dharma Initiative members over a period of 4-5 years in the 70s.

52 minutes ago, DMC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Don't you mean Richard?  Other than Ben - who obviously does age - we really only see Dharma Initiative members over a period of 4-5 years in the 70s.

Spoiler

Richard and the other guy who showed up in the 70s for John and then looked the same recruiting Juliet and on the island with Ben at some point. 

56 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm curious how far you got? 

The selective aging of people on Hot D was really crazy. They should have cast someone a little older and used makup or CGI to make him younger in at least his first two appearances. 

Middle of season 4. I just can’t follow the story and I’m not interested in the conjure up as we go mysteries. I was interested in the characters but at this point we have completely lost focus on that aspect of the show. 

Cole should have been recast like the other younger characters or aged up with cgi/special effects makeup. It’s offensive that he looks the exact same throughout a 25 year time period. 

7 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

Richard and the other guy who showed up in the 70s for John and then looked the same recruiting Juliet and on the island with Ben at some point.

Spoiler

Hm..don't know who else you're referring to.  Richard is the guy who recruits Juliet.  Along with Ethan, who pretty much isn't in the 70s.

23 minutes ago, DMC said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hm..don't know who else you're referring to.  Richard is the guy who recruits Juliet.  Along with Ethan, who pretty much isn't in the 70s.

Spoiler

This guy: https://lost.fandom.com/de/wiki/Matthew_Abaddon

but now I realize he wasn’t in the past he was in the future talking to Hurley. Part of why I’m getting tired of the show. Anyway, so it’s only Richard who is in the 50s and in the 2000s looking the same. Or is he? 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:
Spoiler

but now I realize he wasn’t in the past he was in the future talking to Hurley. Part of why I’m getting tired of the show. Anyway, so it’s only Richard who is in the 50s and in the 2000s looking the same. Or is he? 

Spoiler

Right, we do see Abaddon four years prior to the crash with Locke right after he was paralyzed, as well as Hugo in 2007, but that's only a 7 year period.

As for Richard, yes, he's the only one that looks the same over such long periods (we see Ben's father throughout many years in season 3's "The Man Behind the Curtain," but they try to age him with makeup, graying hair, etc).  We learn more about Richard in season 5, and season 6 devotes an entire episode to his origins.

Viewed the third episode of The Peripheral.  It felt good to me from the first scenes of the pilot.  It has continued to be excellent watching.  The actors are first rate.  It's wonderful to have an sf show that isn't all and only reflecting surfaces.  The North Carolina scenes look like North Carolina, which is wonderful.  It's a beautiful state, speaking of nature and natural features and the landscapes.

What particularly struck me, starting somewhere in the middle of the second episode, is how -- I don't know how to describe this watching feeling -- relaxed.  Meaning, nothing seems strained and pushed to get through -- unlike, for instance, both hotd and rop in so much.  Maybe what I'm trying to say is what I'm getting from what is on the screen is the sense that everyone involved in this production knows what they're doing, feel confident and comfortable as heck with what they're doing, and totally grounded. And unselfconscious.

I'm still not saying what it is -- I don't know exactly, so I certainly don't have the words for it.

Watched a few horror movies over the weekend --

Bodies Bodies Bodies -- definitely enjoyed and would recommend

Barbarian -- pretty inconsistent. Enjoyed at times but ultimately it didn't work. First 40 minutes were good horror. 

Two episodes into The Peripheral and have to say it’s a bit of a struggle. I’m seeing good reviews and people seem to be liking it but I’m not sure what is so good about this show. 

Outside of the very rare occasions where they go into the virtual world I am falling asleep watching it. The plot is actually very slow moving and I’m not especially sure I like anyone in it. Chloe What’s her face is kinda hot but also a little annoying. 

Im really not seeing anything in those two episodes that has gripped me enough to continue.

Sadly I am preferring The Watcher even though it is low quality trash 

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'm home on a sick day and going to give it another chance, but my first take from last night is Nope is boring.

I adore Nope. Some may call parts of it flawed - but it landed 100% for me.

Archived