Why the hate for Aemond ?

Just now, Tyrosh Lannister said:

Attitude ?

He had just claimed the greatest dragon in the world, and yet walked in with a pretty obvious chip on his shoulder. He's rude to the newly-grieved daughtgers of the woman who the dragon belonged to, no attempt to mollify them or anything, he's fairly clearly hostile to them and anyone who questions him. He is, in other words, a bit of an asshole, which is what people are responding to.

Even so, he had a right to defend himself.

1 minute ago, Ran said:

He had just claimed the greatest dragon in the world, and yet walked in with a pretty obvious chip on his shoulder. He's rude to the newly-grieved daughtgers of the woman who the dragon belonged to, no attempt to mollify them or anything, he's fairly clearly hostile to them and anyone who questions him. He is, in other words, a bit of an asshole, which is what people are responding to.

Even so, he had a right to defend himself.

Ah yeah he is that . Wish he would have shown some sympathy to the grieving girls who lost their mother 

I actually am really liking Aemond in this? Definitely more than in canon, for sure.

I think aging up his nephews / de-aging him has really helped, because it’s more fair then when the fight starts with him slapping a 3-year-old who I think just lost his father?

He also obviously possesses the only Green Targaryen brain cell that the boys were given, since Helaena is a dreamer and got double the brain cells. That’s strongly implied in the books, but shown more here since he understands duty and not to blame his mother for calling them strongs, etc.

Like the greens may have actually won if they crowned Aemond instead.

I could give you a list of reasons why he is the least likeable guy in the book (possibly only better that Aegon II) . in the show , I quite liked him . I didn't like him suffocating Luke and talking trash to him (I mean the kid didn't even understand the insult!) because that kid was arguably the most innocent kid there . but the rest of it was mostly self defense and lack of guidance . he comes off as a bit of an asshole but let's face it , this kid's been mocked by his peers for some time and now has rode the oldest biggest dragon in the world! besides, no one has apparently taught him to be sympathetic towards kids in grieving (who are stranger to him as well) . 

ps. I feel like they should have made it a more fair fight . Jace is my favorite book character and I don't like him made a bit aggressive . 

Archived