About Helaena

I'd say Viserys doesn't pay much attention to his children with Alicent. We saw that when Aemond lost his eye, and he didn't seem particularly concerned about his well-being.

The reasons for that may be a combination of Viserys' precarious health, Alicent's overbearing and overprotective attitude towards her offspring, and the fact that the older one turned out to be an idiot.

I think he loves his children* (though, Rhaenyra is the clear favorite) but he doesn't have the patience and energy he had when Rhaenyra was growing up due to his declining health . so, he doesn't know them enough and probably Alicent who seems to think Helaena's weird , wouldn't inform Viserys about Helaena's prophecies which she probably doesn't understand at all. in the book, Viserys's second favorite child seems to be Haelena . I hope we see that in the show.

* in ep3 we saw how caring Viserys was towards Aegon and in ep 6 he liked watching the boys practice , even called Aegon for being rude . and even in ep7 he was truly angry about what happened to Aemond and was desperate when he said "I can't restore his eye". 

16 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

She is shown having speaking in prophetic riddles (which come true about the eye for example ). So she has prophetic dreams or visions. King viserys also believes his prophecy dreams . Why is he not paying more attention to what his daughter Helaena dreams or speaks ?

Probably because Alicent dismisses and degrades her in every conversation.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:33 AM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

I wonder what Helaena's prophetic abilities mean for Blood and Cheese. Will she be able to predict it?

She kinda predicted it in this weeks episode: "Beware the beast beneath the boards"

Might be blood and cheese entering the room shes in from a trapdoor in the ground. beast could also refer to the rat Larys Strong, who might be disguised as Cheese.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:39 AM, C.T. Phipps said:

Probably because Alicent dismisses and degrades her in every conversation.

After this weeks episode, with Viserys rambling about the prophecy to her, do you think she believes he was just speaking nonsense or will she take prophecies more seriously from now - including Helaena's visions?

On 10/4/2022 at 11:33 AM, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

I wonder what Helaena's prophetic abilities mean for Blood and Cheese. Will she be able to predict it?

2 hours ago, Tyrosh Lannister said:

She kinda predicted it in this weeks episode: "Beware the beast beneath the boards"

Might be blood and cheese entering the room shes in from a trapdoor in the ground. beast could also refer to the rat Larys Strong, who might be disguised as Cheese.

I was just thinking about that scene, and also because of the absence of Maelor.

Book spoilers/prediction

Spoiler

It would be within this aspect of her character if when they come into the room, and the choice is given to her between Jaeherys and Jaehaera, she replies in a sad tone something like "Why? You've already decided." 

18 hours ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

But if she will be able to predict it, then she might not be as traumatised by the event. Which is the point of it all.

The visions or dreams that come to her might appear in a literal sense (a literal beast beneath the boards).she needs to interpret them 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived