MLB 2024: The Reign of Shohei

Myshkin

35 minutes ago, DMC said:

K thanks I'll need a refill in about a half hour. 

Didn't watch much of this series.  Like I said a week ago, it was pretty clear they were done when they went down 2-1 to Cleveland.  I didn't mean they couldn't come back against Cleveland, but rather there was no way this version of the team was gonna matchup to Houston.  Bullpen is too shaky and the bats just aren't there even if Judge went all Superman.  Instead he had a terrible series after a pretty bad Cleveland series.

:cheers:, next round. 

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

I mean, that's how I feel every year after the Yanks are eliminated.  Especially if the Stros or the Sawks are still alive.

Jokes aside, I've seen like zero advertisements for the WS and nobody I know is talking about it, which includes a lot of people who grew up playing baseball and softball. Seems like a far cry from days at overnight camp when we'd race every time to see the Sunday paper to look at how the Twins and White Soxs were doing in the early 2000's. 

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jokes aside, I've seen like zero advertisements for the WS and nobody I know is talking about it, which includes a lot of people who grew up playing baseball and softball. Seems like a far cry from days at overnight camp when we'd race every time to see the Sunday paper to look at how the Twins and White Soxs were doing in the early 2000's. 

Again, yeah, it certainly seems different from when I was a kid growing up but..not much different to me than recent years.  Obviously it's hugely dependent on what you're exposed to generally anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw the Pope met with Hal Steinbrenner.  We can only hope he performed a miracle and convinced him stop caring about the luxury tax - precipitating the Yanks signing Judge, Correa, Turner, DeGrom, Rodon and Benintendi.