MLB 2024: The Reign of Shohei

Myshkin

30 minutes ago, Arakasi said:

Does releasing him mean they are not responsible for the cap his contract holds? It’s pretty clear the Dodgers are going for a one year low salary to clear their cap penalties. Pretty sure taking his 34 million will take them back into the CBT penalty.

His salary still counts against the luxury tax, which probably explains why the Dodgers have been so quiet this offseason. According to MLB Trade Rumors Bauer’s salary puts the Dodgers at about a million bucks under the lux tax threshold

1 hour ago, Argonath Diver said:

Every team has fans saying "sign Trever Bauer" and fuck those guys and fuck that guy too.

Someone will sign that shit stain.

I think they're a small minority. At least I hope they are. And I have no idea why any team would sign him.

• 2 weeks later...

Carlos Correa to the Twins, 6yrs/$200mm, with a vesting option that would add another 4yrs/70mm if reached

ETA: this contract is pending physical, so, you know, don’t celebrate yet Twins fans

Edited by Myshkin

1 hour ago, Myshkin said:

Carlos Correa to the Twins, 6yrs/$200mm, with a vesting option that would add another 4yrs/70mm if reached

ETA: this contract is pending physical, so, you know, don’t celebrate yet Twins fans

MOTHER FUCKERS

Do not do this!!!