MLB 2024: The Reign of Shohei

Myshkin

I watched Colombia vs. Mexico earlier and now have Dominican Republic vs. Venezuela on. Both games have been entertaining balms for my baseball-starved soul.

Will likely switch over to USA vs. Great Britain once this game is done.

This Japan v Mexico World Baseball Classic game has been one of the best baseball games I've ever seen. Just an electric atmosphere heading into the 9th inning.

The WBC as a whole this year has been incredibly entertaining. Anyone judging it is missing out. Making everything a one-game shot turns up the pressure every night. 

10 minutes ago, Argonath Diver said:

The WBC as a whole this year has been incredibly entertaining. Anyone judging it is missing out. Making everything a one-game shot turns up the pressure every night. 

Exactly. I've held the position for a while that regular season baseball is not very entertaining, but baseball with stakes and small samples, shits electric. 

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Exactly. I've held the position for a while that regular season baseball is not very entertaining, but baseball with stakes and small samples, shits electric. 

That was the discussion on Chicago  Sports Radio yesterday: how do you inject even a tenth of the excitement that the WBC format or a game 7 situation generates? 

I love baseball.  I'll watch regardless, but when the stakes are high, there is no better game. 

18 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

That was the discussion on Chicago  Sports Radio yesterday: how do you inject even a tenth of the excitement that the WBC format or a game 7 situation generates? 

I love baseball.  I'll watch regardless, but when the stakes are high, there is no better game. 

I think step one is allowing the game to be more fun. Baseball looks like more of a party when it's played in other countries.

Unless you're attending a Savannah Bananas game. Buddy of mine lives down there and went to one last year, said it was one of the most fun times he's ever had at a game or event (which he said it felt more like).

Anyway I'm psyched up for tonight's game. The local sports bar I frequent isn't putting on the audio, which is a bummer. So it'll be a grainy pirated stream for me, but I want to hear the crowd for sure. Wainwright said the past two USA games were the loudest crowd he's ever been in front of, and he's pitched at some deafening World Series moments.

I'm absolutely astounded at how much fun I've had the last three weeks watching the WBC (and the Cardinals smashing ST). Japan just won two of the most exhilarating games I've ever watched two nights in a row. People will be buzzing about that Shohei v Trout moment as a great moment in baseball history. Magnificent win for baseball in general.

Opening day is, without exaggeration, probably my favorite day of the year. Helps that the city I live in all seem to agree. Also helps that the weather in St Louis today is absolutely flawless (last year's opening day was cooooold). The positive vibes here are incredible.

Good luck to you other baseball fans' respective teams. Please, no more injury reports. Please.