MLB 2024: The Reign of Shohei

Myshkin

Because, despite the 500 homets, he seemed to have the personality of a wet blanket? Which, in and of itself, shouldn't be a barrier. But during his time in Chicago, he was so underwhelming, regardless of what he did or didn't do.

He's in though. Deserves it more than some not as much as some others, regardless of numbers.

Edited by Jaxom 1974

7 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yanks retain him, 9 years, $360m. $40m a year when he's old is gonna suck, but there's no way they could let him leave.

Yeah, 2nd half of that contract is gonna be hell. The Yankees brass was obviously stuck between a rock and a hard place with this whole situation, especially after the year he had. 

I was actually fine with him leaving for the 5 minutes that I thought he did yesterday. I love the dude but Yankees are still the same team now with the same holes in their lineup. Now to get rid of Hicks and Donaldson, no matter how much of their contracts they’d have to eat.

34 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah, 2nd half of that contract is gonna be hell. The Yankees brass was obviously stuck between a rock and a hard place with this whole situation, especially after the year he had. 

I've asked this before, but why don't teams push harder for shorter, more lucrative deals and then design them so they can still pay out over time? Judge probably has 2-3 great years left and after that it's anyone's guess. That's a lot of money late for a guy with a body that may not be able to hold up.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

I was actually fine with him leaving for the 5 minutes that I thought he did yesterday. I love the dude but Yankees are still the same team now with the same holes in their lineup. Now to get rid of Hicks and Donaldson, no matter how much of their contracts they’d have to eat.

This is entirely up to Hal and if he wants to continue his "get under the luxury tax every three years" edict.  If not, the Yanks have plenty of opportunities to make the team better.  Hell, even if that's still the edict, Brian Reynolds sounds pretty hot, and resigning Tommy Kahnle was pretty cool.