NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

Pic says it all.  Broncos are a couple plays away from being 0-5 (and yes... I acknowledge my own frustration that SF is one of those wins).   I never understood the love for Wilson.  Always thought he was just a run around and chuck it up kinda guy, and so help me God... somehow the Seachickens made it work.  UNTIL they had to pay him and couldn't keep the Legion of Boom together.  And seeing that Richard Sherman had obviously been waiting to tee off on the guy; it was a thing of beauty.

Donkeys are going to be terribad for five years while saddled with his contract.

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Are there any comparable examples of numerous ex-teammates shitting on guy once the parties separate? 

Even the Browns players didn't do it to Baker even though it was pretty obvious they were sick of him.  A few stories leaked here and there, like how Clowney wouldn't have come back if Baker was still the QB, but as far as I know there are no examples of a player actually saying anything particularly negative publicly about him like Sherman has been doing with Russ.

With Sherman, though, it seems a little like sour grapes because Russ got so much of the credit during the Legion of Boom days.  The fact that Russ might suck now doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the best QBs in the league just a few years ago.

4 minutes ago, briantw said:

With Sherman, though, it seems a little like sour grapes because Russ got so much of the credit during the Legion of Boom days.  The fact that Russ might suck now doesn't take away from the fact that he was one of the best QBs in the league just a few years ago.

Was he though?  I never saw it.  I saw him as a great athlete back there, but he never seemed to function within a structure.  I always saw those teams as a generational defense combined with a solid running game with admittedly a good deep ball.  But if I needed Russ to do anything other than throw it super deep, I wouldn't have faith in him.

3 hours ago, briantw said:

Everything Russ has become is due to the LoB, and I think it's fair that they seem to hate him. They were the leaders, Russ was just along for the ride when they won the title. 

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Was he though?  I never saw it.  I saw him as a great athlete back there, but he never seemed to function within a structure.  I always saw those teams as a generational defense combined with a solid running game with admittedly a good deep ball.  But if I needed Russ to do anything other than throw it super deep, I wouldn't have faith in him.

Russ was a top 5, maybe even top 3 QB for a multiyear stretch, but that's all in the past. He's been declining for a few years now even if statistically the drop off wasn't as obvious as before.

Russ is in a new a new system with a new head coach--a system that is notoriously hard for QBs to learn. Shannahan and Elway in 1995 (Shanny's first year) went 8-8, Elways completed 59 percent of passes, had 26 tds to 14 ints, and a mid-80s passer rating.

Russ is struggling, but he'll overcome it. Plus, you can't discount the massive amount of injuries to the Broncos that make it really hard, for a team whose depth is string-thin due to horrible management by the aforementioned Elway, to look good.

The idea that Russ is cooked is funny to me. 

14 hours ago, Centrist Simon Steele said:

Russ is in a new a new system with a new head coach--a system that is notoriously hard for QBs to learn. Shannahan and Elway in 1995 (Shanny's first year) went 8-8, Elways completed 59 percent of passes, had 26 tds to 14 ints, and a mid-80s passer rating.

Russ is struggling, but he'll overcome it. Plus, you can't discount the massive amount of injuries to the Broncos that make it really hard, for a team whose depth is string-thin due to horrible management by the aforementioned Elway, to look good.

The idea that Russ is cooked is funny to me. 

Yeah, all that and you even left out that he will have a better HC next year.

For real, guys. I'm a little surprised at the football cognoscenti for turning on Russel so hard so fast. He will be comeback player of 2023 when Eric Bienemy moves from Missouri.

Yeah, he completely torpedoed his own team basically all game because no matter how bad he wants to be Russ ain't Manning. He can't run his own offense. Because Russell Wilson's offense is bullshit. Which is FINE. Yo, Russell Wilson's bullshit is top shelf. But he needs a coach to tell him FUCK NO when he's trying to stat pad when you should be running out the goddamn clock. A real coach, like Pete Carroll or Brian Flores. Not Aaron Rodgers' cumsock

The Seahawks were the #1 team in the league in dvoa four years in a row, 2012-15.  That isn't gonna happen without great offense and great defense.  Obviously Russell doesn't win a championship without the lob, and the legion doesn't win one if they had a pretender at QB.  

7 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pick your hero:

:lol: That's a philosophy to live by.

The NFL have updated their concussion protocols in the wake of the Tua incidents to add ataxia "abnormality of balance/stability, motor co-ordination or dysfunctional speech caused by a neurological issue" to the list of mandatory symptoms to stop a player reentering a game. Okay, that's the right decision but it seems like that should have already been on the list.

14 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

The NFL have updated their concussion protocols in the wake of the Tua incidents to add ataxia "abnormality of balance/stability, motor co-ordination or dysfunctional speech caused by a neurological issue" to the list of mandatory symptoms to stop a player reentering a game. Okay, that's the right decision but it seems like that should have already been on the list.

It should have. My high school team wouldn't have let Tua back on the field. 

16 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

The Bears defense is making Cousins look like Rodgers out there. I'm fucking disgusted.

You mean Cousins is throwing multiple passes batted down at the line of scrimmage?

Archived