NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Much rather take a hit, hold it, take a shot, down a glass of wine then chug a beer and let the hit out.

Well that's not much of a competition.  Other than heightened variations of dizzy bat, which I used to play a lot when I lived right behind UMD.

8 hours ago, DMC said:

Well that's not much of a competition.  Other than heightened variations of dizzy bat, which I used to play a lot when I lived right behind UMD.

Dizzy bat is awful. I once was in a drinking contest in Mexico where we had to do that then run the length of a small ship and chug a giant cocktail through a tiny straw. Just miserable. 

9 hours ago, DMC said:

I can't remember if that was what we actually called it.  It was just power hour but instead of 60 minutes, it lasted 100 minutes.  In other words, instead of 6 beers it was 10 beers.

Who knows what the kids call it now but amidst the frozen pastures of Storrs, that was once the Century Club.

27 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Who knows what the kids call it now but amidst the frozen pastures of Storrs, that was once the Century Club.

When we did Century Club in the hallowed halls of Richmond Hall at Murray State University, it was take a shot of beer every minute for a hundred minutes.  

Yes, whether that's more beer or less beer than 10 in 100 minutes depends on the size of your shot glass, but a shot a minute was how we rolled at UConn.  Way nastier than just chugging 10 beers from a bottle.  Supposedly extra air meant more bloating, and the second hand started to feel relentless.

Unless you are using some weird shot glass, it should be 1.5 oz.  Which means in 100 minutes it would be 150 oz, or 12.5 beers.  Which for many people (even many regular drinkers) would be a dangerous amount of beer in an hour. 

Going back to football, what was up with that 2 point conversion by Vegas with 4:30 left?  Kick the field goal and it's a tie game, make the 2 pointer and you are up 1.  But with 4:30 left, that is so much time for KC to react to whatever happens.  If you make it, they're down 1, and have all 4 downs to work with, which is a challenging situation for the defense when even a FG wins the game.  And if you miss it (as Vegas did) then you are kicking away to the other team needing a stop and a score.  Vegas almost pulled that feat off, but it seemed like clearly the wrong call in a close game. 

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Going back to football, what was up with that 2 point conversion by Vegas with 4:30 left?  Kick the field goal and it's a tie game, make the 2 pointer and you are up 1.  But with 4:30 left, that is so much time for KC to react to whatever happens.  If you make it, they're down 1, and have all 4 downs to work with, which is a challenging situation for the defense when even a FG wins the game.  And if you miss it (as Vegas did) then you are kicking away to the other team needing a stop and a score.  Vegas almost pulled that feat off, but it seemed like clearly the wrong call in a close game. 

Per most analytics it was a tossup. 

The bet, as it stands, is something like this:

- if you make it you force the other team to score in some way if they want to beat you now, they can't just go for a tie, and it puts pressure on them

- if you miss it you need to stop and score, which is roughly where you'd need to be in a tie game anyway

- if you kick it you give them the ability to run out the clock or score for a win, which isn't that different than forcing a stop anyway; you still need to stop them to even allow yourself to win in OT

- if you're the worse team or on the road shortening the game is advantageous to you, as more plays favor the better team over time

I just hope Teddy B can clear the concussion protocol.   Though it might be hard to for him to show any improvement by Thursday since he had no concussion symptoms to begin with, other than a spotter saying that he thought Teddy might have stumbled.  

He could be possibly be maybe stumbling at this very instant.  They should keep him out just to be safe.

These new protocols are whack.

48 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I just hope Teddy B can clear the concussion protocol.   Though it might be hard to for him to show any improvement by Thursday since he had no concussion symptoms to begin with, other than a spotter saying that he thought Teddy might have stumbled.  

He could be possibly be maybe stumbling at this very instant.  They should keep him out just to be safe.

These new protocols are whack.

Your team has a ton of injuries. Glad we caught you at an ideal time. 

The guy Adams shoved to the ground filed a police report and went to the hospital. $$$ coming soon.  Adams had no right to do what he deliberately did to someone who has a right to be there. I don't know about the whole police report thing but I'd be pretty pissed if I got shoved to the ground like that for no reason. 

4 hours ago, dbunting said:

The guy Adams shoved to the ground filed a police report and went to the hospital. $$$ coming soon.  Adams had no right to do what he deliberately did to someone who has a right to be there. I don't know about the whole police report thing but I'd be pretty pissed if I got shoved to the ground like that for no reason. 

Did you see the other angle in the tweet I shared?  The photographer looked to suddenly walk right in front of Adams without looking.  Not as deliberate as the other angle looked.

6 hours ago, dbunting said:

Adams definitely shouldn’t have done it and he’ll be justifiably suspended a game, but the hospital?  Come on, man. You got shoved.  Suck it up and move on.

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

Did you see the other angle in the tweet I shared?  The photographer looked to suddenly walk right in front of Adams without looking.  Not as deliberate as the other angle looked.

Yeah I've seen it from multiple angles and everyone of them show Adams doing it with intent. Two handed full shove, that's not an accident. We are all sports fans in this thread and I would bet we have all been exiting after a game through the concourse areas that are way more congested then this and I have never done what he did.

If it was me getting shoved, charges and such, no. A real apology, yes. That crap he said to the media was just that, crap. 

10 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Yeah I've seen it from multiple angles and everyone of them show Adams doing it with intent. Two handed full shove, that's not an accident. We are all sports fans in this thread and I would bet we have all been exiting after a game through the concourse areas that are way more congested then this and I have never done what he did.

If it was me getting shoved, charges and such, no. A real apology, yes. That crap he said to the media was just that, crap. 

Again:

Archived