NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

6 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

I actually feel like in a world where the league gave a single fuck about something other than MOAR OFFENSE=MOAR POINTS=MOAR GAMBLE=MOAR MON-E that play would be a perfect example of how to change the PI rule for the better. That shouldn't be PI. But that is totally a standard PI call. Because the standard is wrong, and that play is like a perfect example of a DB playing off the ball and a WR playing off the ref. Use it to fix the game.

But they won't 

I've said before I played SS my senior year and that's exactly how I was taught to cover that play. Be sticky without holding. When the WR's head turns back snap yours back. Make a quick decision on how to play the ball and know at that point you're free to fight for it, whatever happens, happens. The DB did exactly that and Brady threw a bad ball, but the ref was there for the rescue. 

2 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I thought it was a catch.  If you have two hands on the ball and then the ball touches the ground and the ball does not move relative to your hands why isn't that a catch.?

Because that didn't exactly happen. He was cradling it. The movement was enough to overturn it. 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've said before I played SS my senior year and that's exactly how I was taught to cover that play. Be sticky without holding. When the WR's head turns back snap yours back. Make a quick decision on how to play the ball and know at that point you're free to fight for it, whatever happens, happens. The DB did exactly that and Brady threw a bad ball, but the ref was there for the rescue. 

Oh! The STRONG safety! 

Oh mhyyy!

I had no notion...

11 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Tell me

Did you drop down into the box often?

Help smother that run by stuffing your hat in a hole? 

We ran a base 4-3 Cover 2 and it was my job to communicate with the coach and the Mike whether we were staying pat, moving me up as the Will (and if I'm playing weakside inside or out) or shifting me out to cover the slot.. After that the Mike called the coverage and blitz assignments, which typically just meant he was blitzing and everyone else drop back in passing situations.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We ran a base 4-3 Cover 2 and it was my job to communicate with the coach and the Mike whether we were staying pat, moving me up as the Will (and if I'm playing weakside inside or out) or shifting me out to cover the slot.. After that the Mike called the coverage and blitz assignments, which typically just meant he was blitzing and everyone else drop back in passing situations.

How are you single? Do you have the worst personality on the planet? A swastika tattoo? 

You seem like a good boy 

9 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Is it a preset of wildly unrealistic expectations from women as life partners? I think that's what most of it is for most of your kind, tbh

I was engaged once and considering that my parents combined have been married seven times, I'd prefer to only try that once and don't stay in relationships that clearly have expiration dates. 

12 hours ago, Firebrand Jace said:

How are you single? Do you have the worst personality on the planet? A swastika tattoo? 

You seem like a good boy 

While he's great, he can never forget his true love Amy Klobuchar. 

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Gisele files for divorce and Tom Brady sets the all time sack record.  Not a great day for my least favorite* quarterback. 

*non-criminal

Obviously no one should joke about divorce, but if you're looking for the humor in this, essentially Belichick ended Brady's marriage, getting the last laugh.

Archived