NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

3 hours ago, Maithanet said:

I feel like people don't give enough credit to the Bengals D (and defensive coaching) for their SB run last year.  The Bengals didn't get to the Owl by winning shootouts.  They won because the D got turns and stops, particularly in the second half. 

Agreed completely. Burrow got better as the season wore on but the defense really locked down, especially in the 2nd half of games which kept them in it long enough for Burrow to find a way to win. Honestly, they were pretty much doing it this year too, even with all the injuries, just the close games weren't going our way.

Bengals are a good but not great team with some significant injury holes right now and while they still have a shot at the playoffs and potentially a run, I think it'll be pretty hard. The early season losses on last second field goals to Mitch Trubitsky, Cooper Rush and the Ravens pretty much left no margin for error and the injury situation will leave lots error.

13 hours ago, DMC said:

Yeah.  But it should be pointed out McDaniel hasn't been able to get much out of him this year, hence the trade.  I haven't seen him, but quite possible he lost a step after all the injuries.

Mostert has been OK, 4.5 yards per carry isn't breathtaking, but way ahead of Gaskin and Ahmed last year.  Having Edmonds as a pass catching back who specialized in drops was the issue.  Maybe he turns that around in Denver, but Wilson should be plug and play in his place.  Kind of surprised Mostert isn't injured yet, but happy for that.

Chubb should help too.

6 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Mostert has been OK, 4.5 yards per carry isn't breathtaking,

I agree 4.5 ypc is pretty good in a vacuum, but I was reading yesterday that Mostert this year has a -33 expected rushing yards.  Not as bad as Edmond's -100 (worst in the league this year), but still.  It's also well below his averages when he was the Niners' lead back.

On 11/1/2022 at 4:24 PM, briantw said:

I get why the Lions did it from a compensation standpoint, but Hockenson seems like exactly the type of guy you want on your team if you're about to use a top pick on a QB.  And they've got their two WRs and their RB on rookie deals, so it's not as if it's a money issue.  They could have easily afforded to pay Hock.

They tried to extend Hockenson but he wants to be paid like Kelce in an offense that doesn't use the TE that much. He is a really good TE but scheme wise it didn't make sense to tie up that much money for a 4th op-tion

I'm extra impressed with Hopkins' costume just because I thought he might be a little young to be a Simpsons fan. He was a year old when that episode aired. I know the show is still going but it lost most of its cultural currency a while ago.

11 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm extra impressed with Hopkins' costume just because I thought he might be a little young to be a Simpsons fan. He was a year old when that episode aired. I know the show is still going but it lost most of its cultural currency a while ago.

This is where streaming comes in, he may have come across it and binged a bunch of the early stuff.

13 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm extra impressed with Hopkins' costume just because I thought he might be a little young to be a Simpsons fan. He was a year old when that episode aired.

I had the same inclination at first til I saw he was born in 92.  Simpsons was all over the place throughout the nineties so it's not surprising he still grew up with the reruns/syndication.

It was super popular into the 2000's as well. Probably took five years past it being good for the decline in popularity to take place. I'm only four years older than him and found it at a young age despite my parents not letting me watch the show.

On 11/1/2022 at 3:34 PM, Tywin et al. said:

But what if they pay Danny Dimes?....

They're tearing it all down and I expect them to move on from the Kneecap Zombie in the offseason. I believe Goff can be cut for next to nothing and at that point, why not start over? A second plus another midround pick isn't a bad haul.

Also see the Vikings did this because Irv Smith, who has been a disappointment, is probably out until the playoffs. Would have been nice to have both, but still overall the team is better. 

Lions "start over" implies they were once somewhere.

Best to just call it staying shitty.

Last year I was disgusted by the Colts and the truck stop gloryhole they were putting lipstick on and calling a spouse "Carson" "Wentz". But when Jonathan Taylor broke off that fifty yarder and broke the back of the old enemy, OH I cheered. 

So I wasn't sitting here unwilling to be won. My heart was open.

:lmao:

Fucking LOOOSERS

30 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

Any idea what the odds were this morning for Mixon to score 5+ tds?  Loving my brother for trading me Mixon and Waddle for Kupp two weeks ago.

Tried to trade the dude for the past two weeks in my main dynasty league and no one wanted him.  So he’s starting for me this week and beating the team I’m playing by himself. 

Archived