NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

Fell asleep meditating with the Vikes up 7-0. Woke up to the Commies being up 10-7 and then they scored a TD. Vikes win 20-17. This team is not very good, but we're 7-1 baby!

Also, the Packers lost!!!!! And so did the Bills against the Jets? Weird fucking sport.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Justin Fields is awesome.

If only his amazing performance wasn't overshadowed by the worst pass interference no call since the Rams-Saints NFC Title game. I can't even celebrate the fact that A-A-Ron threw 3 interceptions against a bottom tier Lions defense. I'm THAT pissed about it. 

3 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

If only his amazing performance wasn't overshadowed by the worst pass interference no call since the Rams-Saints NFC Title game. I can't even celebrate the fact that A-A-Ron threw 3 interceptions against a bottom tier Lions defense. I'm THAT pissed about it. 

Said he should have absolutely been the second pick last year. If you preferred Lance, fine, I can understand, but Fields was my guy. 

123 Pass Yds, 3 Pass TD, 178 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD, 1 2PT, 7 Pass FD, 12 Rush FD

54 FF points is making me shit talk the hell out of my friend right now as I'm destroying him. 

7 minutes ago, briantw said:

Belichick claims another soul. 

Pinning your career on a series of QBs who other teams have decided were already old and washed up turned out not to be a good idea... who knew????

I am also amused that they hired Saturday as a head coach partially because he's been a Colt for so long when Reggie Wayne is on the payroll as a coach already. And the reason is because Wayne was like 'nope, thanks but I have no interest in being HC here'. 

3 hours ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

I am also amused that they hired Saturday as a head coach partially because he's been a Colt for so long when Reggie Wayne is on the payroll as a coach already. And the reason is because Wayne was like 'nope, thanks but I have no interest in being HC here'. 

Lol, yo I've always enjoyed Irsay. Completely wrong impared drivings aside, he's probably the best owner as far as someone who is easy to like. The guy loves football and he loves the players. And not only has no one accused him of rape, he's the only one who said what needed  to be said about Snyder. I'm unashamed to like Jim Irsay.

So, that said:

You people said suck for Luck for years when they totally were not tanking. They had to wear that even though they totally weren't. 

So this is tanking.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Marvin Harrison would have killed it for them.

Marv, Peyton, and Edge were all at the game together VS Wash.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

I see that Irsay has gotten around the Rooney Rule by naming Saturday as an interim head coach.

Isn't this fairly common practice for in-season changes?  Anyway I'm sure SCOTUS will strike down the Rooney Rule soon enough anyway.

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Isn't this fairly common practice for in-season changes?  Anyway I'm sure SCOTUS will strike down the Rooney Rule soon enough anyway.

Yeah, I'm legitimately not sure what people want teams to do in-season.  You fire and a guy and you've got a game the next week, or in two weeks at best.  You can't spend a month interviewing candidates.  I'd wager that teams know with absolute certainty who they want to take over for the rest of the season before they even fire their coach.  It'd be insane to think otherwise.

It is strange that they went outside their organization to bring in a guy who currently isn't coaching for them, though.  Has that ever happened with an interim coach before?

Now, if they proceed to hire him as their actual head coach in the off-season and do sham interviews to cover for it, then that would be violating the spirit of the Rooney Rule.

But there is no Rooney Rule for interim coaches for the reasons stated in my first paragraph. 

13 minutes ago, briantw said:

But there is no Rooney Rule for interim coaches for the reasons stated in my first paragraph. 

You are correct.

I didn't get the feeling that Irsay thinks that Saturday is anything except the future head coach from his introduction remarks, however.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

You are correct.

I didn't get the feeling that Irsay thinks that Saturday is anything except the future head coach from his introduction remarks, however.

Yup, which is why I added my third paragraph. 

52 minutes ago, Fire and Jace said:

Judging from his eyes you were in SigmaDeltaSociopath???

That was EI (Epsilon Iota) wayyy back when I went to school at AU.  Went to one of their parties my first week there, tried to sell a couple of their guys weed, and they offered me roofies in trade.  I immediately found the rich fucks I came with that had no idea what they were getting into and told them we needed to leave now.

Archived