NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

You wanna shit on Irsay have at it.  But harping on his drug/addiction problems to disparage him is kinda gross.

No it ain't! Fuck him! I hope he snorts himself to death by halftime come Sunday.

I hope every billionaire meets a lepers end at the bottom of a bottle with only their pills for friends 

6 minutes ago, DMC said:

Stay classy!  And yes, using drug addiction as a pejorative is always gross.

I'm always classy. Thats why I make expletive filled screeds calling for the (self)poisoning and destruction of the Masters. ;)

Yo I like Irsay, I don't actually wish him ill.

But gimme a break about raking someone for taking shots at the absolute distillation of privilege. Excess in anything is worthy of contradiction. And Irsay excesses in many things.

1 hour ago, DMC said:

You wanna shit on Irsay have at it.  But harping on his drug/addiction problems to disparage him is kinda gross.

More so his being caught with copious amounts of drugs and more money than you've probably held in your hand and getting completely away with it.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

More so his being caught with copious amounts of drugs and more money than you've probably held in your hand and getting completely away with it.

Sure, say that!  There are myriad of ways to do it without using him being an addict as a pejorative.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Did you hear him speak recently? Sometimes you've just got to be honest. 

For real. All these peoole getting outraged at the nepotism refuse to sa WHY they think he is incompetent to own a franchise. For so long as such an incongruity exists I refuse to take their complaints seriously.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Did you hear him speak recently? Sometimes you've just got to be honest. 

Again, there's a difference between acknowledging someone's an addict and using it to disparage them.  Addiction sucks for everyone and is sad, not something to be used to shit on anybody for lulz - nor to pretentiously judge.

14 minutes ago, DMC said:

Again, there's a difference between acknowledging someone's an addict and using it to disparage them.  Addiction sucks for everyone and is sad, not something to be used to shit on anybody for lulz - nor to pretentiously judge.

I'm an addict who comes from a family of addicts. My dad, a longtime heroin addict, died relatively recently in part because of his addictions.

You're making a macro argument, which I agree with, but in this specific case, why can't we say the boss shows up to work pilled out of his mind and gets away with it because his daddy had money?

why can't we say the boss shows up to work pilled out of his mind and gets away with it because his daddy had money?

You can!  For the third time, I'm referring to you honing in on and specifically using the term "drug addict" as a pejorative.

1 minute ago, DMC said:

You can!  For the third time, I'm referring to you honing in on and specifically using the term "drug addict" as a pejorative.

You're the one honing onto that one buddy. Again, read what I just wrote, then consider how misguided your comment was. If you can't, don't even reply. 

You're the one honing onto that one buddy. Again, read what I just wrote, then consider how misguided your comment was. If you can't, don't even reply. 

OMG you are so fucking pathetically obtuse.  What I originally replied to your statement:  "Making the drinking buddy of a drug addict who should be in jail a NFL HC is next level."  Nowhere in that statement are you mentioning his behavior of showing up to work "pilled up out of his mind and getting away with it."  You're just disparaging and belittling him for being a drug addict.  And if you agree with my "macro argument," then you said inherently understand why that's gross and it doesn't matter that he's a billionaire.  Get a goddamned clue.

So… uh… yeah… I just woke up… read the thread…

Still can’t believe the Niners lost to the Falcons (and Broncos but that’s not relevant to last nights game).  This season is so bizarre.

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

So… uh… yeah… I just woke up… read the thread…

Still can’t believe the Niners lost to the Falcons (and Broncos but that’s not relevant to last nights game).  This season is so bizarre.

Bizarre enough for a Lions vs Texans SB~~~~!!!    The math says it's still possible

Agree its a chaotic season to follow with so much churning between the good, bad, ugly from week to week. The savings grace is that feeling that nearly every contest is in play and that anyone can go down in flames from week to week. I much prefer this element of doubt to the outcomes.

Archived