NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

10 minutes ago, DMC said:

No, you've tried to make me feel bad for enjoying my favorite team doing well.  Which is a really douche thing to do.

Lol, stop being a child. Your team is good and I've told you several times I like them even if your beautiful QB is subpar. 

2 hours ago, DMC said:

To each their own!

No, it's really not "playing both sides."  At all.  And don't tell me what to do.

Jacking off to Connery and Jones is totally the definition of playing both sides

I've been saying for a while this season is super weird. Somehow my Vikes are 6-1 with the third best record in the league. They also have a +/- of 29, which is the same as the Niners, who are 4-4 and from my eye test a much better team. I mentioned the Titans being 5-2. Their +/- is -6. Meanwhile, the Jags at 2-6 are +14.

Dallas won again and the passing game looked better. I can't help but feel we will revert to the old way of Dak throwing it all over and forget that running it and letting our D tire out the opposing offense is what got us here.

@Tywin et al. don't worry, the fraud bowl is in two weeks! Dallas vs Minne

32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I've been saying for a while this season is super weird. Somehow my Vikes are 6-1 with the third best record in the league. They also have a +/- of 29, which is the same as the Niners, who are 4-4 and from my eye test a much better team. I mentioned the Titans being 5-2. Their +/- is -6. Meanwhile, the Jags at 2-6 are +14.

I feel like I say this most every year, but to me there really aren't any elite teams right now other than the Chiefs and the Bills.  I remain unafraid of the Iggles.  If the Niners can get healthy, I think they clearly have the best roster other than the first two.  But that's a big if, and let's face it, a lot of their top players are injury prone, so it isn't just a matter of luck.  That being said, they could get back as much as 7 key contributors after the bye.  Really, the key is getting back Armstead - who generally is not injury prone.  Their defense went downhill fast once they lost him, and he's crucial against any team that can run the ball.

I don't follow other teams though - have the Vikings been generally healthy?  Because if not, that's still a pretty impressive record.

16 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Dallas won again and the passing game looked better. I can't help but feel we will revert to the old way of Dak throwing it all over and forget that running it and letting our D tire out the opposing offense is what got us here.

@Tywin et al. don't worry, the fraud bowl is in two weeks! Dallas vs Minne

All year I've been saying we know at least 28 teams range from mediocre to bad because I believed either the Niners when healthy or the Cowboys when Dak came back would be that fourth team. Still kinda eh about that for either team, but I believe in the Niners more because they're consistent, even if consistent means Shanny punts when he should go for it too much.

15 minutes ago, DMC said:

I feel like I say this most every year, but to me there really aren't any elite teams right now other than the Chiefs and the Bills.  I remain unafraid of the Iggles.  If the Niners can get healthy, I think they clearly have the best roster other than the first two.  But that's a big if, and let's face it, a lot of their top players are injury prone, so it isn't just a matter of luck.  That being said, they could get back as much as 7 key contributors after the bye.  Really, the key is getting back Armstead - who generally is not injury prone.  Their defense went downhill fast once they lost him, and he's crucial against any team that can run the ball.

The Chief and Bills are the class of the NFL, but the Eagles probably have the best overall roster, especially if we're not overemphasizing the QB position. They might have the best O and D line, great skill position players and an awesome secondary. It just comes down to if you trust Hurts, which I didn't going into the season, but I don't see why anyone should at this point. After those three teams the Cowboys and Niners have reason to give a lot of hope, but also concerns. After those five teams idk. If I could bet one of them would win it all or pick the field it's hard to side with the latter. Thought the Ravens would be in that grouping too, but I can't trust them eirther.

I don't follow other teams though - have the Vikings been generally healthy?  Because if not, that's still a pretty impressive record.

Yes, the Vikes have enjoyed good health, at least on offense. If I were to take the optimistic approach with them I'd say they blew out the Packers at home, got blown out by the Eagles on the road and have won every other game closely while at one point having a two score lead and just deciding that meant the game was over and trying wasn't that important anymore. They're frauds though, make no mistakes about it. 

54 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

All year I've been saying we know at least 28 teams range from mediocre to bad because I believed either the Niners when healthy or the Cowboys when Dak came back would be that fourth team. Still kinda eh about that for either team, but I believe in the Niners more because they're consistent, even if consistent means Shanny punts when he should go for it too much.

The scary part about the eggles is that they have a high pick (New Orleans), plus their own this coming draft, can add top talent to plug any hole they see after this season.

24 minutes ago, dbunting said:

The scary part about the eggles is that they have a high pick (New Orleans), plus their own this coming draft, can add top talent to plug any hole they see after this season.

They're in a good spot, but it comes down to the QB and the coach going forward. I still don't entirely trust them, however, it becomes harder each week to hold that position.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

the Eagles probably have the best overall roster, especially if we're not overemphasizing the QB position. They might have the best O and D line, great skill position players and an awesome secondary.

Oh I'd easily take the Niners' DL and offensive weapons over the Iggles' - at full health, that is - but to each their own.

16 minutes ago, DMC said:

Oh I'd easily take the Niners' DL and offensive weapons over the Iggles' - at full health, that is - but to each their own.

Full health is the key. The two best D linemen might be on the Niners, but the Eagles overall unit and depth is better. Skill positions is harder to say because of the CMC trade. Their O line is incredible though and that matters, given the Niners have been over relying on their own for years now and we still haven't discussed the disparity in talent at the QB position.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The two best D linemen might be on the Niners, but the Eagles overall unit and depth is better.

I think the Niners definitely match the depth of the Iggles DL, and maybe even exceed it.  Ebukam and Omenihu have great pressure rates and the Niners' pass rush is statistically superior.  Jackson has also been impressive.  Inside, Givens and Ridgeway are pretty great backups to spell Armstead and Kinlaw.  But, again, this assumes full health which the latter two (especially Kinlaw) simply haven't seen since Week 2.

The Iggles have the edge at OL and the secondary, certainly, but I think between Williams, Bosa, Warner, Deebo, Kittle, and now CMC, the Niners simply offer more elite talent across the roster.

Archived