NFL 2022 Thread 2: Wherein Russell is exposed for the fraud he is

Rhom

Also, I saw something in the wild I never expected today…

Mid twenties guy walks into my office today.  He’s wearing a Giants hat.  I ask how he came to like the Giants

”I’m a Manning fan…”

”Wait… Eli Manning?!!?”

38 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Also, I saw something in the wild I never expected today…

Mid twenties guy walks into my office today.  He’s wearing a Giants hat.  I ask how he came to like the Giants

”I’m a Manning fan…”

”Wait… Eli Manning?!!?”

"There are dozens of us!"

1 hour ago, briantw said:

The game tonight is a travesty.  Both of these teams suck and I wasn't drafting Bears or Commanders in fantasy because I'm not stupid.  Why should anyone be expected to watch this shit?

I was a true believer of Fields and took him in a few leagues to be my QB3. Problem is two of the three QB2s are either out for the year or a disaster. :dunno:

Unrelated, I wonder what it would have cost to bet any points unders in this game to win $100. Sacrificing your first born child may not have been enough. 

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I was a true believer of Fields and took him in a few leagues to be my QB3. Problem is two of the three QB2s are either out for the year or a disaster. :dunno:

Unrelated, I wonder what it would have cost to bet any points unders in this game to win $100. Sacrificing your first born child may not have been enough. 

Zach Wilson legitimately might be the best QB from last year's class.  Can't say I saw that coming.

So does everyone have problems with picture quality in these broadcasts?  I have no problem watching movies/shows on Prime. But there is real signal decay on this game.

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So does everyone have problems with picture quality in these broadcasts?  I have no problem watching movies/shows on Prime. But there is real signal decay on this game.

Yeah it's bizarre. None of the touchdowns have been showing up the last few weeks. 

(The quality is blurry for real tho)

5 minutes ago, briantw said:

Zach Wilson legitimately might be the best QB from last year's class.  Can't say I saw that coming.

Dafuq? Small sample, but Flacco has better numbers so far and I've never watched Wilson and though he was special. I'm not even sure if he was projected to be drafted in the NFL prior to his senior year playing on easy mode. Lawrence is still clearly the most likely to become a great player. I know the last few weeks haven't been great, but I still view this as his rookie year considering everything that happened under Urban. I also think Lance still has a chance to be really good, but the injury combined with essentially playing four games over the last three seasons is concerning. Shit, I still think Fields could turn out to be good...if he gets away from the Bears. He should legit demand a trade next offseason if the team looks this bad all year.

Mac isn't good and will never be good. But then again I was never a big fan of his pro chances. I would have been tempted to take Trask over him if they were both sitting their in the second round. 

8 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I've yet to have any issues. Streaming EPL games on Peacock is far more choppy. 

That stat earlier this game that the Bears have the fewest attempts at this point of the season since the 82 Patriots was eye popping.  We had multiple Tebow seasons in there!!!

10 minutes ago, briantw said:

So far my favorite part of Thursday Night Football has been the announcers having to shill Rings of Power with obvious contempt. 

My favorite was the Yankee game on Tuesday where they had a CGI dragon "fly" over Yankee Stadium to pimp HotD and Bob Costas in all his grand pomposity felt the need to reference Orson Welles' War of the World's broadcast to assure viewers there wasn't actually a dragon flying over Yankee Stadium.

Didn't watch the whole game but to say that the rest of the Bears weren't doing Fields any favors is an understatement.  Dropped passes, poor protection, and little separation.  The best thing that offense had going was Fields scrambling, he is electric on the move.  But you can't build your offense off that, and the Bears receivers are really bad. 

Archived