[Poll] How would you rate episode 108?

Ran

How would you rate episode 108?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

On 10/11/2022 at 12:03 AM, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Random black people continue to pop up all around. Racial propaganda is just going to go worse. They put black identitary  propaganda in front of show internal consistency and continuity.

The internet was a mistake.

I think this is the best episode of the season alongside with season 2. I loved all of it from beginning to end.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:01 PM, RhaenysBee said:

This broke me. I can always nitpick, but it doesn’t matter when something has me crying four times. I hope Paddy Considine gets every award known to mankind for this. 

Highlights:
Viserys enters the throne room. 
Viserys climbs the Iron Throne. 
Daemon helps him up and hands him the crown. 
Rhaenys’s choice 
Viserys’s toast at the supper 
Viserys removes mask 
Rhaenyra’s toast
Daemon stares down Aemond

I gave it a 10 because the pathos swept me off my feet to the point where logic and details no longer reach me. I will nitpick a bit in the other thread, just for the heck of it. 

I've been behind but finally caught up and your reaction (followed by more tempered reaction afterwards) pretty much matches mine. I'd also add that Alicent has continued to impress me (the actress) all season but that is more because I've not commented before today.

On 10/11/2022 at 8:43 AM, RhaenysBee said:

So after sleeping on the emotional impact the episode was realistically an 8, because the ridiculous casting continuity drags it down. At this point I really want someone… say Aemond… to slice Criston Cole in half. Just to see if that ages him.

Cut him in half and count the rings :lol:

I gave it an 8 overall, with moments that were a 10

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I've been behind but finally caught up and your reaction (followed by more tempered reaction afterwards) pretty much matches mine. I'd also add that Alicent has continued to impress me (the actress) all season but that is more because I've not commented before today.

Cut him in half and count the rings :lol:

I gave it an 8 overall, with moments that were a 10

It was the most heartbreaking tv I have seen in years. Read an article the other day in which Paddy Considine talked about improving his last words and how much he loves the character. It was such a perfect casting <3 

YESYESYES! :lol: 

and agreed, realistically it was an 8 with only the Viserys parts hitting 10. 

Best episode yet.  My only problem and I admit it wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't watched Inside the Episode, was Alicent's eagerness to accept Viserys' dying statements as affirmation of her son as heir to the throne.  I was perfectly fine with Alicent being a power grubbing paranoid jerk.  Showrunners would have me believe it is her naivete and innocence that drives her?  Nah, not this far down the line.  

This episode gets my highest rating yet, 9 of 10.  I rather enjoy the manipulations Alicent pulls (when I believed she was manipulating) contrasted with Rhaenyra's seemingly sincere attempts at peace if not reconciliation.  I believe the princess would do just about anything for her dad.  She loves the old guy.  Even dastardly Otto was caught up in the dinner moments.  

My favorite scene, as I imagine was everyone's, was Viserys sitting the throne today.  I was particularly thrilled with the king calling Rhaenys to speak for House Velaryon, which I thought pure gold.  Rhaenys is made relevant and I did whisper a small "yes!".  

The adult children are interesting and I look forward to their coming stories and intrigues.  I hope Daemon and Aemond share more scenes.  They are fun. 

Olivia Cooke in an interview remarked that she played it as if Alicent really believed that suddenly Viserys had changed his mind, and was angry that after all the trouble and even the peace dinner that he made that decision but felt dutybound to it. But then she adds, "But was that unconscious wishful thinking? I don't know." So she leaves open the possibility that Alicent on some subconscious level knows she's doing something wrong but so wants it to be the other way that she believes it.

I prefer that reading myself, it just doesn't jive with me that she's going to blow everything up "out of duty".