Discussing Episode 8, “The Lord of the Tides”

Westeros

Another episode down, and we’re back with some thoughts, background, commentary on changes, and more in our latest video at the Westeros.org Youtube channel:

We’re in the home stretch now, with just two episodes to go. Next up will be “The Green Council”, followed up by “The Black Queen” to conclude the first season of House of the Dragon.

https://www.westeros.org/Graphics/Images/_medium/HotD_Viserys-Ep08_01.jpg

View the full article

1 hour ago, Chad Vader said:

Im sorry if im late to the party but at this point could the show go past 2 seasons? I mean, there is a lot in the source material but I cant see them bringing in characters like Galemon Palehair and The Shepard. I could be wrong though

Why wouldn't they? So far they seem to trying to fit in every character they can into to show, with very few exceptions.

I really enjoyed that episode.  2 things bug me about this series - the weirwood tree in the Red Keep's godswood and the unnecessary red thread they're trying to create with that stupid catspaw dagger and Aegon's 'dream of ice and fire' so I didn't really like the end where they imply that the troubles to follow will come because a drugged out old man didn't know he was speaking to his wife not his daughter when he went babbling on about this awkward construct. Still I think the rest of the episode was strong enough to carry that. Scene stealing star of the episode was that eerie mask on King V. Aemond gets the runner up.

I'm a little confused about the timeline though.  Is it safe to assume that Viserys died at the end of that episode and if so aren't things happening a little too quickly? We're still a couple of years before the dance begins, aren't we?

Archived