Football: Has Haaland scored yet?

A Horse Named Stranger

18 hours ago, polishgenius said:

But yeah, The Athletic reporting on the Ronaldo thing. So probably credible-ish at least. 

Ten Hag just confirmed that Ronaldo did in fact refuse to come on.

Also, Evra's continued defence of Ronaldo is pathetic. These former United players turned pundits are a fucking embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Ten Hag just confirmed that Ronaldo did in fact refuse to come on.

Also, Evra's continued defence of Ronaldo is pathetic. These former United players turned pundits are a fucking embarrassment.

At this point is he even average?

58 minutes ago, Soylent Brown said:

Yeah, I thought so too. Perhaps he was just having a bad day, but my friend wasn't impressed with him at all. Very standoffish.

Unlike Nwanku Kanu, who is a bona fide top, top geezer.

One Friday evening in 2001, I bumped into him at the carousels in Schipol Airport. I had recently married, and my new wife had treated me to a smoky weekend in The Dam for my birthday. I told Kanu I was an Arsenal season ticket holder, and he posed for a picture with me. He was very gracious when I told him how much I admired him as a footballer. As we waited for our bags, he told me he travelled to Amsterdam as often as he could to spend time with his family, who he had put up there due to UK visa issues.

Anyway, the following night we were having dinner at the Sea Palace in Amsterdam Harbour. Kanu was there with his family.

He walked past our table, said hello again, and at the end of our meal when I asked for the bill, the waiter told me that it had been taken care of and wished me happy birthday.

What a guy!

41 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

At this point is he even average?

No.

A player hitting a decline happens but the biggest issue with Ronaldo is that he's actively trying to sabotage the manager and squad. He's a massive liability. Can't see anyone taking him in January given his unprofessional behaviour going back to pre-season in addition to him declining. We are stuck with him until the end of the season unless there's a mutual agreement to terminate his contract or Boehly does us a solid.

Ronaldo would not have been such a liability had he taken a leaf out of Zlatan's book. Zlatan accepted that he's declining and is no longer going to be a regular starter, was happy to sit on the bench and to be a mentor and leader in the dressing room. Ronaldo, otoh, has chosen petulance.

Is it just me, or do Liverpool's forward options also look kinda depleted atm.

So maybe stacking up options there wasn't such a bad call afterall... (well, given that among the absentees are Diaz and Darwin maybe it was :leaving:)

Not pessimistic, not invested enough in Liverpool to be. Main event is tonight, that's the game for the WE I care about.

Uff, I probably should look at 1-2 opening lines for tomorrow tho, instead of just hoping for the one thing I prepared.

I hear from this Hans fella that you should go for Catalan sidelines. At least if you prepare as black.

Me, I'm actually not watching. My brother-in-law is a huge Liverpool fan, so he's borrowing my account for this game.

Amazing that game ended 1-0. The defending of both sides was atrocious. Allison and Henderson were easily the two best players on the pitch. Forest could have scored another 3 goals and VVD himself could've gotten 2 or 3 goals – Forest's set-piece defending was diabolical. Cooper really needs to sort that out.

1 hour ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

I hear from this Hans fella that you should go for Catalan sidelines. At least if you prepare as black.

Me, I'm actually not watching. My brother-in-law is a huge Liverpool fan, so he's borrowing my account for this game.

Actually I might actually come down to exactly that. 

DCL showing class with his goal. Winning the ball back, sending Guehi packing as easy as that and a confident finish. Looking good, that he does that already.

We're easily best in this half, but we're not creating much. May come back to haunt us. Most energy spent is actually complaining at Simon Hooper for his very strange desicions of where to drop the ball.

Archived