Football: Has Haaland scored yet?

A Horse Named Stranger

10 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Interesting pair of graphs here. The fact that Kane barely moves on the bottom axis between the two suggests Spurs are really playing low-percentage football in the final third, really have to get everything right.

And Bruno is the reverse, almost every pass he makes breaks lines. Which has worked much better this season to be fair but does show he's not a control player at all.  

Conte wants to lure the opponents to the box of Spurs, beat the press with passes/long balls upfront. 

Had a mini heart attack every time watching the kepper & defenders passing around our box but eventually it worked. But I think Spurs aren't still doing it right, one of the reasons being Lloris not very good with his feet and the defense especially Dier are very prone to mistakes and the Premier League teams are better at pressing.

Plus we've had defenders/midfielders hoofing it with long balls upfront to Lukaku who was excellent at hold up play, wrestle with 3-4 opponents if need be and then dish it sideways to a free running Hakimi/Perisic/Lautaro who only needed to finish themselves or pass it to another wingback or back to Lukaku once he shaked off the opponent's defenders.

25 minutes ago, polishgenius said:
Interesting pair of graphs here.

Indeed. Will have a proper look at home, but KDB though.

I think he's probably the player I've enjoyed watching the most these last couple of years

4 minutes ago, Raja said:

Indeed. Will have a proper look at home, but KDB though.

I think he's probably the player I've enjoyed watching the most these last couple of years

I was actually thinking that De Bruyne’s lower on the passing ranking element of that graph than I would have expected. I suppose Guardiola has pushed De Bruyne further forward more often over the past couple of years.

3 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

I was actually thinking that De Bruyne’s lower on the passing ranking element of that graph than I would have expected. I suppose Guardiola has pushed De Bruyne further forward more often over the past couple of years.

He seems to be decently balanced, it would be interesting to look at comparisons of when he started as opposed to now.

2 minutes ago, Raja said:

He seems to be decently balanced, it would be interesting to look at comparisons of when he started as opposed to now.

Sure. He's not doing badly or anything but if you'd asked me to guess who the best progressive/linebreaking passers in the league were I'd have almost certainly gone with De Bruyne, Alexander-Arnold and Thiago. For De Bruyne to be fairly middle of the pack is a little surprising to me. On the other hand I wouldn't have assumed he'd that high on the receiving end of line breaking passes either.

I think it's fairly clear from which players appear where, that for the most part players who are deeper just have more chance to break lines with their passes. It's why Tielemans, Hojbjerg and Cancelo barely move whereas KDB and Odegaard drop notably on that line.  

Which is probably also speaks to limitations in both the way the stat itself is gathered and of stats in general when taken without context, because it would obviously be absolute madness to say Hojbjerg is a better line-breaker than KDB. 

Huh, strange one that. If it was an accusation of a racist insult as was being assumed I'd have thought they'd want to have a hearing even if they ultimately didn't find Henderson guilty. I suppose it's either Henderson said something Gabriel found really insulting but it wasn't based on race or Gabriel's told the FA that he accepts he's misheard something.

Henderson seems like one of the good guys. Can't imagine him using a racial slur. Pretty sure it was just run-of-the-mill sledging. Or the fact that Gabby's English isn't the best, so he may have misheard something.

It's difficult to say 'seems like one of the good guys', therefore 'can't imagine it being a racial slur' - especially as plenty of 'good guys' do exactly that.

Maybe now that the investigation is over they can speak about it, I think they certainly should to clear up any doubts.

Arteta quite tight lipped about it in today's press conference saying 'it's an investigation by them, no comment'

Archived