U.S. Politics: Rs Stand Around While Ds Try to Rescue Them

Zorral

Righteous truthtellers up against the fabulists, and the blob media is trying to tell us who won.

All over the country tonight the Dems are calling the reichlicans running for Senator etc. liars to their faces, and it seems they frequently nonplussed this is happening.  Ryan on Vance  -- o my!

Surely an honorary badge is the very definition of a prop. Since it conveys no authority whatsoever to undertake any kind of law enforcement activity not accorded to any ordinary citizen, its only meaning is to serve as a physical representation of the esteem in which the person is held by the one who conferred the badge on the recipient.

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nah, things weren't nearly this bad a decade ago and it's rapidly getting worse.

This country was founded by religious zealots who believed that the Natives were possessed by the devil. I think you're recalling the past with rose tinted glasses. These morons were always here, perhaps they have been amplified by social media, but that doesn't mean they were any smarter a decade ago. 

7 minutes ago, Relic said:

This country was founded by religious zealots who believed that the Natives were possessed by the devil. I think you're recalling the past with rose tinted glasses. These morons were always here, perhaps they have been amplified by social media, but that doesn't mean they were any smarter a decade ago. 

Yeah, this is where I come down on things. The idiocy is more amplified than before and institutions (like the Republican party, but not only them) are more willing to coddle and embrace the idiots rather than tamp down on them. But the underlying dumbness and cruelty was always here.

27 minutes ago, Relic said:

Why reference the 17th century? I'm talking about the degrading of our political system and institutions that's been happening over the course of the last 20-30 years.

36 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Why reference the 17th century? I'm talking about the degrading of our political system and institutions that's been happening over the course of the last 20-30 years.

I think a way to reconcile the two perspectives is to say the dumb and hateful people have become more influential over the past 30-40 years which resulted in both undermining (and consequently degrading) our political system and institutions while at the same time taking them over.

29 minutes ago, DMC said:

I think a way to reconcile the two perspectives is to say the dumb and hateful people have become more influential over the past 30-40 years which resulted in both undermining (and consequently degrading) our political system and institutions while at the same time taking them over.

100%. I’m not sure where the exact starting point is, but somewhere in the late 80’s to early 90’s a shift in power began from the country club elites to the rank and file, disproportionately to Evangelicals, and that continued through to the beginning of the Tea Party when the power balanced completely shifted. After that the yahoos were in charge.

46 minutes ago, DMC said:

Trumpanistas are the “Know Nothings” of the 1850s… resurgent.  :(

Remember the voters arrested in Florida back in August? Video footage not before seen of the DeSantis August arrests of citizens who voted in 2020.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/florida-politics/2022/10/18/body-camera-video-police-voter-fraud-desantis-arrests/

.... The never-before-seen footage, obtained by the Times/Herald through public records requests, offers a personal glimpse of the effects of DeSantis’ efforts to root out perceived voter fraud.

“They’re going to pay the price,” DeSantis said during the news conference announcing the arrests.

Of the 19 people arrested, 12 were registered as Democrats and at least 13 are Black, the Times/Herald found. ....

It sounds to me like the solution is just to give Herschel Walker an honorary Senate seat. 

It's totally official and not at all made up, although it doesn't have the power of an actual senator.  He'll love it. 

7 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

Tim Ryan, on the other hand, is basically teaching masterclasses of how to eviscerate* a nutcase MAGA opponent.

* no, seriously!

Yeah I saw an article the other day that the national party is still not investing in the Ohio race, which is disappointing.  I think Ryan has a better shot than Beasley in NC and at this point maybe even Barnes in Wisconsin - which is where the party is investing.

Archived