U.S. Politics: Rs Stand Around While Ds Try to Rescue Them

Zorral

3 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

I’m very much looking forward to DeSantis putting Trump to bed once and for all in the 2024 primaries. 

Bruh. 

Ronnie DS is a good politician. I'll give him that. 

But baby Donald is a STAR

He had to make us miss him. Classic Big (oK? Big Star. Very big. Such a big Star that other people, wHo you'd think tO yoURSelf "y'know this guy, pretty big Star", well he's coming up to ME and he sAYS He SaYS Mr. TRUMP, you're such a BIG STAR. I've gotta bE near you. i just NEed it. Like i thought i was a Big Star, but now mayBE i am a JupiTEr or something...) Star move. I bet he's got something lined up to take a run at the awards shows here in the next two years. Probably do something with Tarantino 

9 minutes ago, DMC said:

I'm not sure if this is based on The Doors song or someone else's, but if you want to piss on Morrison's grave all you have to do is go to Paris.

Honestly I was going for (slightly more) nihilistic Dr. Seuss. 

I'm not good at music.

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You're only asking for something even worse.

I really don’t understand this. If you’re coming from the left I can understand how someone could see DeSantis as being “worse” in the sense that, unlike Trump, he has the ability to competently govern, I suppose that’s fair enough, but as a conservative that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Now if you’re saying that DeSantis  is going to continue undermining faith in our electoral process and stage another January 6th event should he lose, I highly doubt that. I think that’s fear mongering plain and simple. 

12 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

Bruh. 

Ronnie DS is a good politician. I'll give him that. 

But baby Donald is a STAR

He had to make us miss him. Classic Big (oK? Big Star. Very big. Such a big Star that other people, wHo you'd think tO yoURSelf "y'know this guy, pretty big Star", well he's coming up to ME and he sAYS He SaYS Mr. TRUMP, you're such a BIG STAR. I've gotta bE near you. i just NEed it. Like i thought i was a Big Star, but now mayBE i am a JupiTEr or something...) Star move. I bet he's got something lined up to take a run at the awards shows here in the next two years. Probably do something with Tarantino 

Hahhhaha as much as I despise the man, Trump was absolutely hilarious. We may never get a funnier President. Perhaps my favorite moment was during the 2016 campaign when he started chanting “turn off the lights” at a rally and got the crowd to go along with him. Just bananas

1 minute ago, Stark Revenge said:

I really don’t understand this. If you’re coming from the left I can understand how someone could see DeSantis as being “worse” in the sense that, unlike Trump, he has the ability to competently govern, I suppose that’s fair enough, but as a conservative that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Now if you’re saying that DeSantis  is going to continue undermining faith in our electoral process and stage another January 6th event should he lose, I highly doubt that. I think that’s fear mongering plain and simple. 

Hahhhaha as much as I despise the man, Trump was absolutely hilarious. We may never get a funnier President. Perhaps my favorite moment was during the 2016 campaign when he started chanting “turn off the lights” at a rally and got the crowd to go along with him. Just bananas

Oh man, I'll never forget how fucking arrogant I was in the spring of '16 

I talked so much shit! I was like, "yo my girl is gonna feed this fat orange pile of fucks his own idiocy every-single-mothergoddamnfucking-day as a matter of course just by retweeting his midnight insanities as she does her makeup(has it done, y'know) in the morning" and "the matrix isn't real (it is(consider the depth of that statement(if the Matrix is real, am I saying that the movie is real or that a "The Matrix"(which in this insistence would be real(and therefore exist in a conflict(not necessarily violent conflict(but some form of existential opposition even if only by way of(diplomatic, peaceable) competition for resources)))))" 

But we know better now, don't we? 

:cheers:

20 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

Wake up buddy. It's mainstream to undermine faith in our electoral process in Republican politics. 

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

Wake up buddy. It's mainstream to undermine faith in our electoral process in Republican politics. 

And goddammit if liberals wanna win they'll start doing it too! 

Your enemy has achieved an advantage! Act! 

Ron DeSantis killed eleventy-five people in a Canoe accident while circling Mars in the Prix Elon of 2015. I was there. Saw the whole thing while I was taking my Kraken for space walkies (finnies?). Is it true? No, but people are saying. And I think it needs saying. How much people are saying. That Ron 'Flipper' DeSantis, through naked negligence and outright malice, caused the fatalities of sixty-seven families on the colony of LV-426 by sending them looking for that ship without warning them. 

Why didn't you warn the colonists, DeSantis!?! We want answers!

43 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

Haven't you heard? If Republicans win any majority in the midterms or heaven forbid, the presidency in '24, it's "the end of democracy" and "fascism" winning. 

8 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

Haven't you heard? If Republicans win any majority in the midterms or heaven forbid, the presidency in '24, it's "the end of democracy" and "fascism" winning. 

That’s right that’s right. But openly talking about packing SCOTUS, eliminating the filibuster and adding DC and Puerto Rico for solely political purposes is totally fine. 

34 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

How many Republican senators have to say they despise the concept of democracy without any backlash from their before it becomes a problem?

5 hours ago, Stark Revenge said:
5 hours ago, cock_merchant said:

That’s right that’s right. But openly talking about packing SCOTUS

As is the right of Congress.

eliminating the filibuster

A modern political instrument from the 50s that only came about to slow-down desegregation.

and adding DC and Puerto Rico for solely political

If the majority of Puerto Rico and DC vote to become states why shouldn’t they be allowed to?

This is a genuine question,

12 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

That’s right that’s right. But openly talking about packing SCOTUS, eliminating the filibuster and adding DC and Puerto Rico for solely political purposes is totally fine. 

Lol. Republicans packed the SC by not allowing Obama a nomination, spoke openly about ending the filibuster when they controlled the government just a few years ago and want to break up California into five states to get more seats in the Senate.

Gotta love that consistent projecting as a defense mechanism. 

20 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

What’s wrong with adding DC and Puerto Rico when you have North and South Dakota? Do you know what the combined population of North and South Dakota is? Hint: a helluva of a lot less than the population of either Washington DC or Puerto Rico.

Do you not understand that the Republicans packed the SCOTUS? Is sauce for the goose not sauce for the gander?

Someone else can address the filibuster.

48 minutes ago, Stark Revenge said:

Voter suppression! Yet we're currently seeing record voter turnouts especially for midterms especially in "Jim crow" Georgia. 

25 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

Voter suppression! Yet we're currently seeing record voter turnouts especially for midterms especially in "Jim crow" Georgia. 

So you’re okay when GOP senators say democracy is evil with no backlash?

Also, it’s beautiful to see people despite their local government’s malice towards democracy, go out and vote.

LOL at DC and Puerto Rico statehood being for "purely" political purposes.  It also obviously includes their citizens receiving basic representation.  Which, ya know, is fundamental to democracy.

Team Biden is attempting student loan relief via rules changes. I vaguely remember programs like the one listed: basically your student loan debt for some careers got cleared, but the government owned you for...a while. It seemed like a good idea to me (though others here might dispute this.) I'm guessing the R's will be unable to kill this effort.

With Biden student loan forgiveness in legal limbo, Feds bet on changes to rules for another debt relief option (msn.com)

As the federal government fights with states and other groups over its expansive student loan debt forgiveness plan, the Education Department said Tuesday that it would make permanent some temporary changes to a program that makes it easier for people working as teachers, public defenders and other public sector workers to have their student loan debt forgiven. 

7 hours ago, Stark Revenge said:

Increasing the number of SCOTUS Justices is explicitly within the power of the US Congress in US Constitution.  Where, pray tell, does the US Senate gain the explicit power to simply ignore a US President’s duely nominated candidate for a seat on the US Supreme Court?

Archived