U.S. Politics: Rs Stand Around While Ds Try to Rescue Them

Zorral

29 minutes ago, JGP said:

@Firebrand Jace et @LongRider:

Right? lol

I could say all sorts of uncharitable things right now, but that might be the Tramadol speaking.   

If you're in distress I'd prescribe two heaping spoonfuls of whatever the fuck Ingorantadol that kid was on. 

The passion 

The belief 

Beautiful.

I love people. They're definitely my favorite kind of people.

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Jesus Tap Dancing Christ, man lol [to the OP and the guys]

I have been coming across a *lot* of commentary in various post and articles from far-right US conservatives who are extremely ticked off at all the money and weapons being sent to Ukraine. When poked, I get the impression that they *really* want to support Putin but can't do so because...call it 'bad optics.' 

Much of this takes the form of 'why does Ukraine get all the good toys?' There are also repeated mentions of Ukrainian Nazi's. 

9 minutes ago, Firebrand Jace said:

If you're in distress I'd prescribe two heaping spoonfuls of whatever the fuck Ingorantadol that kid was on. 

If too stupid to live could be distilled and translated to does not recognize rotator cuff tears, I might not even hesitate at this point.

Oh, that so-called Democrat who used to believe in AOC, but according to his SM really has voted for Trump two times and holds all sorts of right-wing positions... F*cker Carlsen loves him.

I'm sure there a people legitimately disappointed in AOC, but these guys are not them.

In unrelated news, Obama apparently will be joining the campaign trail next week.

In These Days, hands down, the toughest who are getting going, eontinuing to go, don’t stop, can’t stop, are women: the women who have kept fighting ever since 2016 for the rights over their own bodies, the women of Iran, women even who are politicians like AOC, and by golly, even Nancy Pelosi and – golly! – Lynn Cheney.  They are the ones with balls to stand up and take and by golly give it back, refusing to back down.  Even Hillary Clinton, who had to stand for 11 hours straight, grilled about Benghazi by a buncha men who you just know were  driven out continually by their prostates from their hate circle jerk to hit the urinals.

~~~~~~~~~~

The article about the financial-legal crimes committed all around the so-called media platform, Truth Social has 6000 and counting comments  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2022/10/15/truth-social-trump-animosity-whistleblower/

on the order of  “are we expected to have any sympathy for these grifters hoping to get billionairized by numero uno grifter and got grifted, as well as made to commit crimes?  Can’t wait for him and his family to go to prison, which is too good for them who have this much blood on Their  hands.” You know the media is always going on about how many love and support #1 sadistic grifter, but don’t marvel at how many truly loathe him. Why is that do ya think?

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Many years ago - in fact most of forty years ago - I put in for a slot at the local prison. To get that job, I had to take a written, 100 point test. Highest scores moved on to the next round. Fair enough. 

Then I took a look at the 'extras.'

Veterans automatically got 10 points added to their score. Okay, they were looking for tough guys used to discipline who could keep unruly thugs in line. Not too terrible.

Women also automatically got 10 points added to their score. If they were a veteran, that was 20 points that got tacked on. Couldn't really see women putting in for a job like that, but whatever.

Minorities (usually meaning 'Native Americans' hereabouts) also got 10 points added to their score. If they were also veterans, that meant 20 points total, if they were female veterans that meant 30 points total.

Hence, as laid out, an ordinary white guy like me could take said test, get a score of 95 or better - and still lose out to somebody who got like a 78 but was also a native American veteran.  Which is pretty much what happened.

Then again, I wasn't all that keen on being a prison guard. It was just a general opportunity thing I took a stab at. Never did learn if the criteria got changed. 

Why The January 6th Committee Hearings Were Just As Riveting In The Room As They Were On TV

https://deadline.com/2022/10/january-6th-committee-hearings-donald-trump-report-from-inside-the-room-1235145009/

.... The atmosphere is quite a bit different in the Cannon Caucus Room, the stately yellow, chandelier-ed meeting space that, with the aid of lights, has been transformed into a TV studio. Nowhere was this more apparent than in the oversized screen behind the committee members, a signal of the importance that they placed on showing rather than telling.

That was proven true again Thursday, when committee member Jamie Raskin introduced behind-the-scenes footage of Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and other congressional leaders in their secure location after evacuating the Capitol. The images were from Alexandra Pelosi, a documentary filmmaker and the House Speaker’s daughter, and provide a rare glimpse of leadership in the midst of a crisis.

On TV, those clips were riveting. In the Cannon room, projected on a big screen, it was even more so. The room grew a bit quieter, as many reporters who normally were clattering away at their laptops, briefly stopped what they were doing to focus on the footage.

What’s been remarkable about the hearings has been that there have been so many of these moments — quite a contrast from most congressional proceedings, which are typically marathons of endurance for journalists and staffers. ....

35 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Why The January 6th Committee Hearings Were Just As Riveting In The Room As They Were On TV

https://deadline.com/2022/10/january-6th-committee-hearings-donald-trump-report-from-inside-the-room-1235145009/

The J6C deserves much credit for for how the committee has been run, and what and how they presented some of their findings to America. 
Thank goodness Pelosi put her foot down and rejected the clowns McConnell tried to put on her.  All the members of the committee have given the investigation the gravitas it and the American people deserve. 

It is curious how some people are looking to blame everyone except the person who threatened it and will be the one to launch a nuke for the threat of nuclear war.

They are basically saying that as soon the leader of a nuclear armed country says they might launch a nuke the USA should bravely run away.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

It is curious how some people are looking to blame everyone except the person who threatened it and will be the one to launch a nuke for the threat of nuclear war.

They are basically saying that as soon the leader of a nuclear armed country says they might launch a nuke the USA should bravely run away.

Agreed.  Those who want to surrender to Russia are sad.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Targ said:

Ah. The "Brave Sir Robin" doctrine of US foreign policy...

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Ah. The "Brave Sir Robin" doctrine of US foreign policy...

I like the subtlety of the two yelling at AOC about it in a post up thread.  If we get nuked she's responsible 'cuz she didn't quit the Democratic Party like that Brave Sir Robin .....um, Tulsi did.  I'm slayed by their logic.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

I like the subtlety of the two yelling at AOC about it in a post up thread.  If we get nuked she's responsible 'cuz she didn't quit the Democratic Party like that Brave Sir Robin .....um, Tulsi did.  I'm slayed by their logic.  :rolleyes:

So what they are really saying is that brave ser Tulsi quitting the Democratic party was not enough to avert nuclear war, therefore an admission that ser Tulsi is a foreign relations / policy non-entity.

Archived