U.S. Politics: Rs Stand Around While Ds Try to Rescue Them

Zorral

20 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Yes, it has started already and its gross.

22 minutes ago, Week said:

Example of the above:

26 minutes ago, Martell Spy said:

On Musk/Twitter I'd just wait to see how it plays out over months.

LongRider et al. -- three of the four examples were immediately banned, if that's any consolation. And I wouldn't be surprised if the fourth has been as well. Regardless, people can still unfollow or ban people they disagree with (including the God Emperor, once his account is restored).

4 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I'm glad I'm mostly off twitter now. It was already bad, but things can always get worse and it will.

Twitter isn't wasn't all bad, but how quickly that changed.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

It seems the person who attacked Speaker Pelosi’s husband… had a political purpose:

Ser Scot A Ellison -- I'm surprised the attacker didn't proclaim, "this. is. MAGA COUNTRY!!!" I bet they find bleach and rope on him.

Personally, I think he was just a jealous lover, trying to take out his competition :leer:

12 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

LongRider et al. -- three of the four examples were immediately banned, if that's any consolation. And I wouldn't be surprised if the fourth has been as well. Regardless, people can still unfollow or ban people they disagree with (including the God Emperor, once his account is restored).

For now.

4 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Ser Scot A Ellison -- I'm surprised the attacker didn't proclaim, "this. is. MAGA COUNTRY!!!" I bet they find bleach and rope on him.

Personally, I think he was just a jealous lover, trying to take out his competition :leer:

Cough

The new failed artist to fascist pipeline.

Paul Pelosi Attacker Yelled ‘Where Is Nancy?’ After Breaking Into Speaker’s Home: Report

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/10/28/paul-pelosi-hospitalized-after-violent-attack-at-speakers-san-francisco-home/?

.... The suspect was taken into custody, and the motivation for the attack is unclear, the speaker’s spokesperson Drew Hammill, said. (Forbes has reached out to the speaker’s office and the San Francisco Police Department.) ....

Really? Motive unclear?  It's clear as can be he wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.1011now.com/2022/10/28/nancy-pelosis-husband-attacked-her-office-says/

1 minute ago, Zorral said:

Paul Pelosi Attacker Yelled ‘Where Is Nancy?’ After Breaking Into Speaker’s Home: Report

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/10/28/paul-pelosi-hospitalized-after-violent-attack-at-speakers-san-francisco-home/?

Really? Motive unclear?  It's clear as can be he wanted to kill Nancy Pelosi.

https://www.1011now.com/2022/10/28/nancy-pelosis-husband-attacked-her-office-says/

Sounds like it. Is he white? Slap on the wrist.

11 minutes ago, Week said:

Cough...

Week -- humor is subjective, of course. I think Joe Rogan (News Radio) and Elon Musk (let this sink in) are very funny; moreoever, both have become extremely successful in life. Gavin McGinnes never struck me as funny, though.

Amusingly, Jen Kirkman is a terrible comedian, and hasn't been very successful -- her net worth and achievements are embarassingly insignificant. If anyone's a failed artist, it's her, relatively speaking.

5 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Joe Rogan (News Radio)

I love NewsRadio, but Rogan was neither particularly funny nor memorable as its eighth lead.

6 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Amusingly, Jen Kirkman is a terrible comedian

While I've only seen a bit of her sets, I thought she was very funny in her appearances on Drunk History and even At Midnight (which was a pretty funny show in spite of Chris Hardwick).

11 minutes ago, Wade1865 said:

Amusingly, Jen Kirkman is a terrible comedian, and hasn't been very successful -- her net worth and achievements are embarassingly insignificant. If anyone's a failed artist, it's her, relatively speaking.

/Slaps forehead, I forgot, should add that misogyny is also one of the key factors identifying those on the road to fascism. 

2 minutes ago, Week said:

/Slaps forehead, I forgot, should add that misogyny is also one of the key factors identifying those on the road to fascism. 

Week -- capitalist by day, fascist by night :)

To be fair, I thought Sarah Silverman and Amy Schumer were funny; and both are much more successful than Jen Kirkman.

When I see a response rate to such a poll question, I think a lot of Republicans have forgotten what sort of Republican values comprised the platform of the party in the 1950s.

Consider the platform Eisenhower ran upon, and see how "progressive" it was.  For instance, Ike had seen how an integrated society could be better than a segregated society during his time in the Army.  Was Ike a perfect person?  No, and neither was post-war America.  But Ike's platform and actions (such as the 1957 Civil Rights Act) showed that he knew that he could change and improve as a person and as a country.

How about the 1956 Platform meme?  It is a little simplified compared to the actual platform, but read it and see how lost the Republican party of today has become:

• Federal assistance to low-income communities
  • Extension of Social Security
  • Asylum for refugees
  • Extending minimum wages
  • Improving the unemployment system
  • Protecting the right of workers to form unions and bargain collectively
  • Equal pay for equal work regardless of sex

In between then and now, the Moral Majority, the Family Values people like Ralph Reed, and other similar no-nothing religious nuts have insinuated themselves into the party, and evil men have preyed upon their ignorance by using dog-whistle Culture War issues to divide America.

Let check with Charles Barkley on this question:

Charles is completely right.

The leaders of the national Republican Party are all about seizing and holding power by any means necessary.  They are not interested in the ideas or the concepts that the Republican party was founded upon.  Let's check in on 1956 and President Eisenhower again, who will condemn them utterly by saying, "...if a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power."

Thus, the national leader rolled over for Trump, because he helped them to maintain political power despite being an obvious RINO, and obvious con man, and an obvious moron.  And many state government politicians have followed his authoritarian / racist horse$hit lead, spouting nonsense about stolen elections, proposing unconstitutional laws, and so on.  And in doing so, they are attracting additional squadrons of imbeciles to take part politics.  Unfortunately, most of these folks are as ignorant of how government works or how to govern, and their ideas are simple and wrong.

Just now, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Question to you—do you think they should have been?

Varysblackfyre321 -- dunno, don't care; though it should give some fragile people who feared them some relief.

Archived