Arya Stark and the Murder of Dareon - Guilty or Not Guilty?

Craving Peaches

Guilty? Absolutely she is guilty of killing Dareon. Arya had no legal foundation to kill Dareon. Yes it was an evil thing to murder Dareon. However, Arya is insane. How much does she know of fairness and justice at this point? I say not much. Arya’s is fully in insanity city. Arya Stark is thoroughly messed up. 

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Guilty? Absolutely she is guilty of killing Dareon. Arya had no legal foundation to kill Dareon. Yes it was an evil thing to murder Dareon. However, Arya is insane. How much does she know of fairness and justice at this point? I say not much. Arya’s is fully in insanity city. Arya Stark is thoroughly messed up. 

I bet you've posted this same shit a hundred times, no time to sift through your hatred.

1 hour ago, Loose Bolt said:

She is innocent. After all concept of being innocent until proven guilty means that anybody accused of a crime is assumed innocent until the allegations leveled against them are proven. To my knowledge no court has found Arya guilty of any crime. So she is not guilty B)

That goes for Dareon as well then...

3 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

However, Arya is insane.

No she isn't...

How much does she know of fairness and justice at this point?

Still quite a lot given that she killed Dareon because he was a deserter.

Arya’s is fully in insanity city. Arya Stark is thoroughly messed up. 

If she was 'fully in insanity city', she would be acting psychotic. She would be detached from reality. She is not.

3 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Well, he’s a member of NW that has abandoned his duty and makes no secret of it either. Guilty. Execute him and geld him while you’re at it since the avoided punishment of the crime committed is gelding. 

If he was innocent of the rape then he doesn't deserve to be at the watch in the first place. And Dareon has not gone to trial. Innocent until proven guilty. He should be able to plead his case first. No court has found Dareon guilty.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

He was with a lord’s daughter, of course he’ll get punishment. Only thing worse that he could’ve done with his bits was to get in bed with the said lords firstborn son and heir. 

Just because he was with a lord's daughter doesn't mean he committed the crime. The in-world effects may be the same, but we as readers understand that just because Lord Rowan says something doesn't mean it's true.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I don’t know what else I can say, and these aren’t opinions that can just be disagreed upon but solid facts, of our world and Westeros both.

They may be in Westeros (though I still think there is room for debate) but not in the real world, at least where I live a boyfriend etc. would not need the father's permission to sleep with his adult daughter (it would be polite to do so however, but if he hadn't it wouldn't make it rape, it's the lack of consent from the daughter which would). I thought we were talking about the real world since the comment of mine that you originally quoted was in response to a post saying Arya was 'innocent until proven guilty' and hadn't been tried in a court, concepts which don't seem to exist in Westeros.

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Even sons don’t have the right to go around marrying whoever they please, they are property just as the daughters. If you go marry Jenny of Oldstones and not the match your father made, then you should be prepared to give up on your right to the throne.

That's true in the case of marriage, but I don't think they need their father's permission just to sleep with some random girl.

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

As for courts Westeros does have it’s trials.

It does but they're not like modern real world trials and the odds would be against Daeron (assuming he was innocent) because it's the word of some peasant vs the word of Lord Rowan and his daughter. He could claim she was lying but he has no proof.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

Well as a peasant he should've known better than to do such an act in such a society. Lord Rowan may just as well thrown him out of the window and said "he fell while trying to escape". 

Yes he should have known better, but I don't think being forced to spend life in a penal colony to avoid castration/execution is a fair punishment. Not that anyone in Westeros really cares, of course.

The thread titled "Arya's Mental Illness" is closed now but you can find it easily.  All of us had fun discussing the subject.

Arya is really nuts.  I should ask you Craving Peaches. So do you treat her and manage her so she can't murder?  What do you do with an interesting clinical case like Arya?  It would be contrary to the public good to let her loose.  Surely you can agree to that.  

Archived