MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

2 hours ago, JGP said:

If I was Feige having to navigate the Disney Board's trepidation I'd advocate spinning off another distribution company for the more adult content. 

Marvel --> Epic.  

I feel like I’ve seen that play before and would absolutely support it on screen - especially if it gave me Marshal Law.

2 hours ago, Heartofice said:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/she-hulk-finale-tatiana-maslany-matt-murdock-toxic-fans-breaking-fourth-wall-1235404245/amp/

It feels like the entire show and the finale was created to fight back against an imaginary enemy so that they can strawman anyone criticising them. 

The conversations at the Intelligence meeting; I have literally seen those exact comments online or from content creators warning us of "teh woke".

1 hour ago, sifth said:

I know of quite a few people in the hate mob and artificially generated hate culture who were making all sorts of videos, preparing to hate House of the Dragon before it came out and are now eating their words, because the show is actually good. People like the Critical Drinker have even admitted to being wrong about the show, despite making hate videos for it during the spring and summer.

Just make a good show and prove the haters wrong indeed. Don't make a show just to attack people, who criticize your work.

Yeah, and I'm sure all the live streams that were done by him and others preemptively shitting on HoTD, Prey, etc; the superchat moneys generated were promptly refunded. 

G & G was practically built on GoT hate videos BTW. There was a time when even the most amateurish videos criticising the final season could generate a few hundred thousand views on Youtube. 

As for She-Hulk, brilliant final episode. This is like self-self-self parody at this point. So much cringe. So wonderful. and way to tie it back to the first episode with absolutely the thinnest thread. Oh, Professor Hulk went back to Sakaar? 'Sounds interesting. Are we going to see any of that? Nope. Oh, and here's his kid because why not.

Breathless. I was breathless.  

46 minutes ago, hauberk said:

I feel like I’ve seen that play before and would absolutely support it on screen - especially if it gave me Marshal Law.

Was that the series where the title character dressed like he had an S&M fetish? And the OG supe that went to space? That shit was cool, but out there. 

28 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Yeah, and I'm sure all the live streams that were done by him and others preemptively shitting on HoTD, Prey, etc; the superchat moneys generated were promptly refunded. 

Hey, if you support any of these idiots on youtube, you deserve to lose your money, in my book. So my heart bleeds for them, lol

2 minutes ago, sifth said:

Hey, if you support any of these idiots on youtube, you deserve to lose your money, in my book. So my heart bleeds for them, lol

I don't. And it's nothing to me how someone makes their money. I'm just pointing out the grift.

When he's not doing the culture war mambo jambo, Critical Drinker is actually capable of really insightful criticism. But then that doesn't pay the bills.  

5 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The conversations at the Intelligence meeting; I have literally seen those exact comments online or from content creators warning us of "teh woke

If they were warning of ‘teh woke’ then they were much more prophetic than the creators of She Hulk. It’s hard to deny the levels of ‘teh woke’ on display here. 

What is ironic is that She Hulk is a total godsend to those YouTube and Twitter creators who thrive off of moaning about this shit. It gives them hours of content to create and millions more views.

Anyone who thinks ‘teh woke’ at Marvel is a myth will watch this show and realise it’s absolutely a thing, and click subscribe to the trolls.

So far from being a middle finger to ‘the trolls’, it’s more like a hug and a gift.

9 hours ago, sifth said:

The fact that we have over 20 MCU films and not one of them is R seems to work against your theory.

It's not a theory. I'm pointing out that your theory, which is that Marvel haven't done/won't do an R-rated Punisher movie because they haven't 'got the balls', is undermined by the fact that they've repeatedly made R-rated Punisher properties. (And for that matter by the fact that they seem to be adapting 'Born Again' for Daredevil.)

There are plenty of things that I have the balls to do, that I may even have done in the past, but that I choose not to do because it's not particularly beneficial for me to do them in a particular context. Marvel have tried hard in the past to get R-rated Punisher material over. They're not unwilling to do it. They just, presumably, recognise that it wouldn't work particularly well in the MCU.

8 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

The conversations at the Intelligence meeting; I have literally seen those exact comments online or from content creators warning us of "teh woke".

You don't have to go to other boards to see those comments, even.

7 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Who played She-Hulk in the 70's inspired intro? That looked like an actual actress, not a virtual character.

It's the actor who stood in for CGI Hulk Jen on set.

3 hours ago, Heartofice said:

If they were warning of ‘teh woke’ then they were much more prophetic than the creators of She Hulk. It’s hard to deny the levels of ‘teh woke’ on display here. 

What is ironic is that She Hulk is a total godsend to those YouTube and Twitter creators who thrive off of moaning about this shit. It gives them hours of content to create and millions more views.

Anyone who thinks ‘teh woke’ at Marvel is a myth will watch this show and realise it’s absolutely a thing, and click subscribe to the trolls.

So far from being a middle finger to ‘the trolls’, it’s more like a hug and a gift.

Don't worry. She-hulk or no She-Hulk, grown ass men will soon go back to screeching about racial diversity in the Dwarf, Elf, and Mermaid populations. 

3 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Don't worry. She-hulk or no She-Hulk, grown ass men will soon go back to screeching about racial diversity in the Dwarf, Elf, and Mermaid populations. 

And thanks to She-Hulk there will be a lot more people watching their videos

I guess it's a choice for misogyny, racism, toxic masculinity and other forms of identity hatred to exit in any fictional universe. Which means if you choose for it to exist in the world in which your story is set then you make that choice for a reason, which is to either confront or feed it in some way. 

And if you find that you recognise some of yourself in the characters who are presented as caricatures of those forms of hate, then maybe your negative reaction says more about you than the story. Regardless of whether the story is well told or not.

My main criticism of the She-Hulk finale is that with their whole the entire sound stage breaking stunt they got away with connecting the dots between Jen finding the Hulkking, getting him arrested (and one assumes convicted) and also her ending up getting a pass for having hulked out and lost control. I am all for that ending, but the show didn't earn it.

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

That's wonderful news.

:leaving:

I'm a fan of him as an actor, but I know virtually nothing about Wonder Man, other than he has no connection to Wonder Woman.

But does he have a connection to Ms. Marvel? Because according to Kamala's dad, her name means marvel or wonder, so...

Archived