MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

Bruce Banner is really the only major main character that has been recast in the MCU, and that Hulk movie barely counts as an MCU in my head.

I don’t think they are really in the business of just recasting in the MCU with its main characters. They much prefer to groom new updated versions to replace them. I guess that is their hope with New Black Widow, New Iron Man, New Hawkeye, She Hulk etc.. so far that doesn’t look like it’s working very well. 

But yeah actually mostly when you do recast, you DO reboot. That’s been the case with Batman, Spider-Man, Superman. 

11 minutes ago, mormont said:

Recasting isn't rebooting. Reboots usually involve a recast but they are not the same thing.

Right but it would definitely be part of a reboot of the MCU. It's not like they're going to get Downey and Evans to commit to multiple films ten years from now. 

Multiverse allowed them to unite the three Spider-men, but that would've been an absolute bonkers idea just 5 years ago.  

But multiverse version of characters aside, we're not getting Tony Stark back in MCU without a reboot (thus presumably recast). Or Steve Rogers. Or T'Challa. Or Natasha Romanoff. They could, if they wanted to (Evans has recently said he misses playing Cap) like they did with Gamora.

Not replacing an actor has never been an assumption in the past. We've had, what, six live action* Bruce Waynes across four timelines in the last 30 years? We've even had three Jokers from three timelines in just a smidge longer timeframe, which is amazing (in a good way). I'm sorry, four Jokers (if you count deleted scene). 

The nature of the MCU ongoing saga just make it unlikely. But these are comic books. How many ties has Magneto been "recast" in X-Men over the years. Older, younger, renewed, revillified, etc.

Exciting times. :) 

*only counting movies, not television. 

1 hour ago, Myrddin said:

Multiverse allowed them to unite the three Spider-men, but that would've been an absolute bonkers idea just 5 years ago.  

Honestly I think the success of Into the Spider Verse, is what convinced the guys at Sony and the MCU, that it could work.

10 hours ago, RumHam said:

Right but it would definitely be part of a reboot of the MCU. It's not like they're going to get Downey and Evans to commit to multiple films ten years from now. 

Sure. But in the context of Wakanda Forever just being released, a film where there were loud calls for T'Challa to be recast, it's important to distinguish.

Current Walking Dead showrunner Angela Kang has signed on to make Silk: Spider Society for Amazon / MGM+, first in a crop of Sony Spideyverse Marvel series with over 900 characters to choose from.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/walking-dead-showrunner-to-lead-marvels-silk-for-amazon-mgm-1235264305

Silk is also exec-produced by Lord & Miller.  It'll appear on MGM+ first before opening globally on Amazon.

They did kill Tony Stark, so for Earth-616 RDJ can only be TS, because TS is dead. And if there is one thing I would object to it would be that Tony Stark returns as the the OG Tony Stark (not a TS from another universe) in some kind of soap opera-esque plot-twisty retcon where the infinity gauntlet didn't actually kill him. Though it can easily be done as long as you invoke quantumness as the reason.

Of course with time shenanigans and no more TVA TS can always be brought forward as a past him. But there is no reason to bring TS back, because there is nothing particularly super about him aside from his genius, only the MCU does not lack for geniuses (genii?). 

7 hours ago, RumHam said:

Why is Marvel afraid of Namor’s bulge?

Of course twitter would go down in flames before #ReleasetheBulgeCut could get off the ground. 

Clearly he has fish genitalia to go with with his winged ankles. Yeah, obviously.

Fear not though; the direct-to-video ex ex ex rated parody Namor will have massive junk. 

9 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Clearly he has fish genitalia to go with with his winged ankles. Yeah, obviously.

Fear not though; the direct-to-video ex ex ex rated parody Namor will have massive junk. 

Namor is just the KMart version of The Deep.

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

Namor is just the KMart version of The Deep.

Oh, it'll be deep alright. 

32 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

As long as ant man doesn't shrink down and climb in anyone's junk and explode, I'll be happy. 

Is that a thing? Is that a reference I'm not getting? Because that would be kind of awesome. 

10 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Oh, it'll be deep alright. 

Is that a thing? Is that a reference I'm not getting? Because that would be kind of awesome. 

Did you not watch The Boys lol

13 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

Couldn't think of a better thread to post this: Bob Iger to return as Disney CEO. 

1 hour ago, JGP said:

Did y'all see Iger is coming back as CEO of Les Dis. 

Feel like I've seen that somewhere before... :dunno: 

Archived