MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

18 hours ago, Rhom said:

Since I accidently put this in the Indiana Jones thread... I'll copy it over here finally.

We don't expect this to continue the Celestials storyline?  Feels like GotG is the logical place to pick that up.

Teasing for suggested crossover aside, picking up after Celestials makes sense, except for the fact this is Gunn's last MCU movie.  His story focus is wrapping up his trilogy, especially since "his" characters have now appeared in three other movies since Vol 2. Time to bring them home put them to bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Only because she makes you find her likable...

John O'Reilly had it right in the first movie: What a bunch of assholes.

Lovable assholes, but still. 

It was hilarious watching Bacon impersonate

Spoiler

Batman

The Marvels official plot synopsis:

Spoiler

"Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel has reclaimed her identity from the tyrannical Kree and taken revenge on the Supreme Intelligence. But unintended consequences see Carol shouldering the burden of a destabilized universe. When her duties send her to an anomalous wormhole linked to a Kree revolutionary, her powers become entangled with that of Jersey City super-fan, Kamala Khan aka Ms. Marvel, and Carol’s estranged niece Captain Monica Rambeau. Together, this unlikely trio must team-up and learn to work in concert to save the universe as 'The Marvels.'"

Are they swapping powers like a superhero Freaky Friday or have to work together like vehicle Voltron to use a shared power set??

I wonder how they'll handle Kamala's dad. If you don't know the actor has recently been embroiled in a sexual harassment of a minor situation. https://thedirect.com/article/ms-marvel-dad-actor-mohan-kapur-accused-sexual-harassment-allegations

Which makes me even more mad because he played one of the more delightful characters in Ms. Marvel. I think Drax and Mantis were absolutely right about actors.

On 12/1/2022 at 10:55 PM, RumHam said:

I don't get why this one is 2/3 footage from other movies?

Because I think they wanted to reinforce the idea that everyone keeps looking down on and ignoring Ant-Man, despite the fact it was his idea that saved half the universe from annihilation, which shows the severe danger in Kang the Conqueror underestimating him as well (as everyone else does).

On 12/1/2022 at 11:01 PM, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Not a ton. We know Warlock is going to be in it (and we see him briefly in the trailer) and there are rumors of the High Evolutionary being a focus - partially because of the focus on Rocket (and now the OMG OTTER) and partially because he's a big villain elsewhere. That'd also make sense as far as the weird animal dudes we see. 

I'm assuming the otter is Lylla, Rocket's girlfriend and soulmate, as well as an arse-kicking lunatic in her own right.

My Marvel Comics reading is pretty thin, but one of the few things I did read back in the day was the solo Rocket Raccoon run, because it was the backup strip in Transformers UK for a couple of years. Hoping we get to see Wal-Russ as well. A giant space walrus with laser cannons for tusks remains awesome.

It occurs to me that if this is the band breaking up, ending with Rocket going to Halfworld and his own spin-off movie makes a ton of sense, and they have a huge advantage with Rocket in that he's not going to age out of the role (well, not as quickly). 

Probably a line-up change coming.

I know at one time they spoke about bringing back the classic 1970s line-up, after introducing them in Vol. 2, so Stallone, Yeoh etc.

8 hours ago, S John said:

I do not understand the context, but, I live.

In the trailer for the Guardians of the Galaxy 3; there was a mutant otter.

Glad to see that you still live and JT Daniels did not take your soul with him to Rice.

On 12/22/2022 at 6:24 PM, SpaceChampion said:

18 episodes? Seems a bit much. I look forward to the three, mid-season, back-to back-episodes, where the main characters are hiding from the bad guys in an abandoned warehouse and taking it in turns to have excruciatingly angsty conversations with each other in order to pass the time. 

No fucking thanks. 

I was surprised by the amount of episodes too. When DD was fresh on Netflix the only thing keeping a couple of those seasons from being great was the filler, in 12/13 episodes.

I saw a post somewhere where Cox said he was going to be filming for just short of an entire year.

1 hour ago, JGP said:

I was surprised by the amount of episodes too. When DD was fresh on Netflix the only thing keeping a couple of those seasons from being great was the filler, in 12/13 episodes.

They did the same thing in all those Netflix Marvel shows. Every single one.

There are many ways to get in a bit of character development that don't involve said characters laying low in a nightclub VIP area for an entire episode and boring your audience to tears. 

Archived