MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

21 hours ago, Heartofice said:

Nah, DD doesn’t need Foggy, you can just have She-Hulk as his partner, with 18 episodes of ‘walk of shame’ and cock jokes. Hilarity will ensue.

I do wonder if She Hulk will be on the show.

59 minutes ago, sifth said:

I do wonder if She Hulk will be on the show.

I wonder how that works. I'm not a fan of the fourth wall stuff. It's fine on her show, but I wouldn't want her showing up on a serious Daredevil show and complaining to the audience that his show got a bigger budget. Same thing if she shows up in Kang Dynasty. 

6 hours ago, RumHam said:

I wonder how that works. I'm not a fan of the fourth wall stuff. It's fine on her show, but I wouldn't want her showing up on a serious Daredevil show and complaining to the audience that his show got a bigger budget. Same thing if she shows up in Kang Dynasty. 

The fourth wall stuff was pretty exclusive to her own, solo book. In Avengers and FF, she was pretty straight forward, as I think can be expected in any appearances outside of her own show. 

Now, if she were to appear in an Avengers movie, and then have another season of her own show, I'd expect we'd get her direct commentary there. 

That being said, I don't really think we'd see her on the Daredevil show...

I’m still not sure what the logic or purpose of having DD in She-Hulk even was, so if it was essentially meaningless and she doesn’t appear in his show, it becomes even more of a headscratcher. 

Was there no greater plan other than ‘we have two lawyer characters’. 

Im still pretty worried about the approach to Punisher or DD in the Disney+ world. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

does this mean anything to anyone?

I only know her, because the hate mob on twitter and youtube, hate her, because she views the name X Men as sexist. Aside from that, I know next to nothing about her or what she did for the company.

1 minute ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

I've read that. Is she singularly responsible though; or was she managing a weird situation? Everything I've read about the issues with the MCU and VFX seem more structural to me. 

Probably structural, but she might have done a very poor job managing the situation, is simply a scapegoat, or none of the above.

The top pinned comment on this Reddit thread (and the Vulture article linked within) have a lot more info:

It at least seems like Marvel is trying to fix their mistakes. After Chapek left we’ve had Feige saying the rate of content will slow (apparently all Disney+ shows have had their dates changed to ‘coming soon’) and now there’s rumours of all of Phase 5 and 6 dates slipping back. Hopefully this is also a step to improving their VFX and the way the handle it. I’ve never been one to over-analyse effects and can generally enjoy a film that’s pretty average in that department, but She-Hulk was comfortably the worst looking character they’ve ever had. 

I don't know if they need to delay everything, but rather just cancel some stuff- is clear the Blade movie isn't going anywhere, no one really asked for an Eternals 2, I don't think there's lots of room for a 2nd Shang-Chi movie, even if the character can be used elsewhere, and no one is very interested in this Thunderbolts as a poor man's Suicide Squad/BW sequel. 

42 minutes ago, Winterfell is Burning said:

I don't know if they need to delay everything, but rather just cancel some stuff- is clear the Blade movie isn't going anywhere, no one really asked for an Eternals 2, I don't think there's lots of room for a 2nd Shang-Chi movie, even if the character can be used elsewhere, and no one is very interested in this Thunderbolts as a poor man's Suicide Squad/BW sequel. 

I do want to see both Thunderbolts and Blade. But, I do agree with the overall point of too many Marvel movies. I think it's a combination of terrible scripts and making Marvel movies that don't matter to the overall saga. 

I'm really pissed about Ant Man 3 though because I felt tricked. I wouldn't have gone if they hadn't put Kang in there. The script sucked and was also deceptive. I skipped The Eternals, but at least they did me the favor of up front warning me it had little to do with anything and could be easily skipped.

34 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I think they should just move some of the projects to disney+ and maybe de-escalate the stakes on a lot of them. Every movie shouldn't be about saving the world, or millions of people. 

This exactly.  The movie that kicked off the entire thing was about Industrial Espionage.  Civil War was summed up perfectly in "He killed my parents."

Shang-Chi would have been better if it had remained just a conflict between father and son.  So many examples in these later stages could have been better by making it more personal.

12 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

The top pinned comment on this Reddit thread (and the Vulture article linked within) have a lot more info:

It at least seems like Marvel is trying to fix their mistakes. After Chapek left we’ve had Feige saying the rate of content will slow (apparently all Disney+ shows have had their dates changed to ‘coming soon’) and now there’s rumours of all of Phase 5 and 6 dates slipping back. Hopefully this is also a step to improving their VFX and the way the handle it. I’ve never been one to over-analyse effects and can generally enjoy a film that’s pretty average in that department, but She-Hulk was comfortably the worst looking character they’ve ever had. 

Based on what I've read about Disney's VFX issues, the problem is constant tweaking without the appropriate time and money in the timeline to account for it. It's notes from multiple production people who maybe don't really have a vision of what they want and just find the film in the edit by seeing what's good or bad with test audiences. This results in staff that are overworked, burned out, and producing a sub-par product. 

Changing one person might be a step in the right direction, but I don't see it fixing that. And given Disney's financial performance of late, I don't see that squeeze letting up.