MCU: KEVIN's world

Rhom

3 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Thanks. The Kevin Bacon joke, as you said, has been played out in the UK. Now he's barely in the adverts, thats how bored people are by him. Lets be honest they introduced him in those adverts even at a time when 'Kevin Bacon' as a meme (6 degrees of Kevin Bacon) was really tired and old. It's 2022 now. 

29 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Whats an AT&T? Is that Star Wars?

If only it were that cool...  But this is a Marvel thread.

American Telephone and Telegraph was the original company name.  I doubt they send very many Telegraphs these days.

5 hours ago, Rhom said:

American Telephone and Telegraph was the original company name.  I doubt they send very many Telegraphs these days.

Neither here nor there, but AT&T was founded by Alexander Graham Bell.  It's basically the first telephone company.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed Black Panther: Wakanda Forever only partially. The first Marvel movie that really was too long for my taste. 

Spoiler

I think the should have cut the whole US plot and made up another reason for the conflict and focused the movie completely on Wakanda and Talokan.

Maybe drop a hint about the US planning to attack Wakanda at some point in the future in an after credit scene(The Mr.Hobbit rescue scene just with Okoye asking why his goverment turned against him.

46 minutes ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

I enjoyed Black Panther: Wakanda Forever only partially. The first Marvel movie that really was too long for my taste. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think the should have cut the whole US plot and made up another reason for the conflict and focused the movie completely on Wakanda and Talokan.

Maybe drop a hint about the US planning to attack Wakanda at some point in the future in an after credit scene(The Mr.Hobbit rescue scene just with Okoye asking why his goverment turned against him.

What kind of powers does Namor display? I don't care about spoilers but you may want to tag it..

Just now, WarGalley said:

What kind of powers does Namor display? I don't care about spoilers but you may want to tag it..

Spoiler

Flight, ability to breathe underwater, superstrength, can deflect Wakanda tech weapon fire with his spear, fast enough to evade Wakanda tech missiles, slow/no ageing. Has access to "bombs" that seem to create water out of thin air. Stronger near water but still strong enough to penetrate a black panther suite with his spear weakened. 

I thought it was alright. Considering they had to make a Black Panther movie without Black Panther they did an amazing job. 

Spoiler

Are there any other secret civilizations left on earth from the comics? I find it amusing that Wakanda revealed themselves and now have to deal with another secret advanced civilization with Vibranium. "he's covered in it" was pretty funny. 

I agree it was too long or should have been paced better. Loved Namor, who I was pretty skeptical of. 

47 minutes ago, RumHam said:
  Hide contents

Are there any other secret civilizations left on earth from the comics? I find it amusing that Wakanda revealed themselves and now have to deal with another secret advanced civilization with Vibranium. "he's covered in it" was pretty funny. 

I agree it was too long or should have been paced better. Loved Namor, who I was pretty skeptical of. 

Spoiler

A lot of "it depends" of when/if they're taking the story there and a few depend how Kevin Feige decides if these are secret or just never mentioned before and was always there.

• Attilan, the Inhuman island kingdom was in the Atlantic before transported to the moon, but it's doubtful Feige will be adding Inhumans to the MCU, since he's making Ms. Marvel a mutant.
  • Genosha, the X-men island which would depend on how the X-men coming into the MCU will be accomplished.  If the multiverse saga merges two universes after an incursion without destroying both, so could have Genosha suddenly appearing somewhere.
  • Latveria, led by Doctor Doom.  Is it secret or not?  He's needed for Secret Wars apparently...
  • Madripoor already depicted, run by the Power Broker, in The Falcon & The Winter Soldier.  in the comics more associated with mutants.
  • Lemuria, undersea home of Deviants, no mention of it in the movie Eternals.
  • Chronopolis, associated with Kang the Conquerer, perhaps this is the city we'll see in the Quantum Realm in Quantumania.
  • the Savage Land, apparently in the middle of Antarctica.
  • Transia, important location for the High Evolutionary, whom we'll see in GG3 but will his origins be changed?
  • and a bunch more smaller ones probably not significant to the MCU at this time.

Edited by SpaceChampion

30 minutes ago, WarGalley said:

@SpaceChampion

Hide contents

Why is Dr. Doom "needed" for Secret Wars? Haven't read it myself but my understanding is the Beyonder was the villain. And even then, the movies are really loosely tied to the comic storylines and have far less characters.

Spoiler

I haven't really read the new Secret Wars, but the original is basically a Doctor Doom story. From the first issue he basically sees the Beyonder as his ticket to infinite power and by the end of it he's essentially taken the Beyonder's power and become a god. Him trying to come to terms with what almost infinite power is like was something that blew my mind as an 8 year old kid!