What's your craziest, favorite theory regarding Euron Greyjoy in TWOW? No matter how unlikely

Ingelheim

I was just re-reading the "Forsaken" sample chapter from WOW and I'm just in awe of Euron Greyjoy as a character.

I think some of the theories that have been brought up these past few years are not that far off from the actual truth, not matter how exagerated they may seem at first.

Either he's going to summon some sort of Dark God from the depths of the sea or he is going to end up taming one of Dany's dragons through that giant blood sacrifice he means to unleash. The Eldricht Apocalypse theory is just so well thought than even if it seems like too much I'm not writting it off just yet.

In anyway, I'm just amazed at how well written the chapter is. Aeron's POV is just perfect, the whole narrative is nightmarish as f***.

What's your craziest, favorite theory regarding Euron Greyjoy and his future role in TWOW?

My favourite is that he's just insane from having travelled to Valyria. He's definitely been there, given that he's got Valyrian steel armour, but the cost is that he's also gone utterly bonkers. Now he's full of that mad Targaryen megalomania, preparing an apocalypse for him to ride out and rule, only to be taken out in a very unremarkable way, preferably by an arrow from Samwell Tarly.

My theory: He's the dark echo of Bran. 

Bran was called to the North by a faction of Children working against the Others to receive knowledge that will enable their final destruction.

Euron had similar dreams, described in the same language.  I believe, rather than a failed pupil of Bloodraven, he's been contacted either by the Others themselves, or a faction of hostile children, and he's unwittingly acting as their hand, South of the wall.

He envisions himself as a God, a ruler over a dead world - exactly the kind of thing the Others would likely want.  He's doing everything to enhance his magical power, with blood sacrifice, copious consumption of the Warlock's Brew, and he's about to perform a massive blood ritual near Old Town, where the Horn of Winter is likely located, with Sam.

I believe he will be the one to lower the magical wards of the Wall, and I think Bran's already had a vision of Euron's fate: When he glimpsed the Lands of Always Winter and saw all the greenseers impaled on spikes of ice.

Euron will offer himself up as a new God, have frozen fire pushed into his chest, and become the host for the leader of the Other's armies - magically enhanced as far as possible while still a man, he will be the most powerful host the Others have ever had.

11 hours ago, Ring3r said:

My theory: He's the dark echo of Bran. 

Bran was called to the North by a faction of Children working against the Others to receive knowledge that will enable their final destruction.

Euron had similar dreams, described in the same language.  I believe, rather than a failed pupil of Bloodraven, he's been contacted either by the Others themselves, or a faction of hostile children, and he's unwittingly acting as their hand, South of the wall.

He envisions himself as a God, a ruler over a dead world - exactly the kind of thing the Others would likely want.  He's doing everything to enhance his magical power, with blood sacrifice, copious consumption of the Warlock's Brew, and he's about to perform a massive blood ritual near Old Town, where the Horn of Winter is likely located, with Sam.

I believe he will be the one to lower the magical wards of the Wall, and I think Bran's already had a vision of Euron's fate: When he glimpsed the Lands of Always Winter and saw all the greenseers impaled on spikes of ice.

Euron will offer himself up as a new God, have frozen fire pushed into his chest, and become the host for the leader of the Other's armies - magically enhanced as far as possible while still a man, he will be the most powerful host the Others have ever had.

That's actually a really nice theory. I do think he was a pupil of Bloodraven in the past though, there's many evidence to support this. He probably went rogue after BR saw what he was and left him, and now he has his own evil agenda, probably in league with some dark power in the far north

• 2 weeks later...

My fav theory that I’ve heard is that his ultimate goal is to become a god. Maybe not to achieve actual omnipotence but to have people actively worship him. By sacrificing priests of different religions in a way that they can see their death coming (by strapping them to his ship as he goes into a naval battle) so they prey to their gods as they die. At the same time having Vic blow the dragon horn bonding a dragon to him. If the world perceives him as destroying the Redwyne fleet, sacrificing priests of other religions, people praying to him, and having a dragon fly across the world to him. People could perceive him as a god.

Edit: I found the theory in question. I hate how he uses showEuron for it tho.

He is planning to take the Hightower and the arcane knowledge contained within. The "stone beast in the tower, breathing shadows" vision Daenerys saw in the House of the Undying is Euron Greyjoy. Since he is keen on capturing sorcereros and wizards, I suspect he will capture Mallora Hightower, a suspected sorceress.

As a side note, I don't think he is interested really in the Iron Throne. Not even in being King of the Iron Islands. In the Aeron advance chapter, Euron is dressing in valyrian armor and has apparently discarded the driftwood crown, using instead an iron crown with teeth. Whatever true agenda Euron has, we will see it in its full extent in Winds, and Winds only.

Personally the funniest one for me is that his dragon-whistle-horn thing is going to work and that he's actually going to take one of Dany's dragons against her (aand that he's then going to be the hero of the long night with his lizard after beating her, somehow)

Another thing that I think might actually have merit is that Euron Greyjoy is the product of GRRM scrapping the 5 year gap.  There's some pretty significant foreshadowing throughout the story that Bran would end up the new Night King, and Euron was only mentioned in passing prior to GRRM's planned 5 year gap after AsoS.  After that, he's suddenly receiving all sorts of major character development that nearly perfectly mirrors previous Bran stuff.

I think there's a pretty good possibility that Bran was originally intended to be the villain, but GRRM had to change things and introduce an older, darker mirror of Bran once he decided not to age everyone up.  Kind of like the situation with Darkstar, who probably only exists because the current head of House Dayne is simply too young to be a credible player....as a result of not doing the 5 year gap.

Archived