[Spoilers]Rings of Power 3: Tolkien’s actual writing… who needs that?

Ser Scot A Ellison

If he is bailing because he is reading the signs of where this show is going then that is bad. He was one of maybe a tiny handful of people who gave a watchable performance in the show. I don't know the guy they replaced him with, 'm sure he's good, but hopefully he won't be reduced to Hollyoaks level performances like everyone else.

Rings of Power is not nominated for Best Drama series in the Critic's Choice Awards.

The nominees are:

Andor (Disney+)

Bad Sisters (Apple TV+)

Better Call Saul (AMC)

The Crown (Netflix)

Euphoria (HBO)

The Good Fight (Paramount+)

House of the Dragon (HBO)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Yellowstone (Paramount Network)

I mean, I liked ROP more than most here but honestly, it's hardly a shock that it isn't on that list.

I suppose some might cite the cost again, and say that for that money it should be, but that's a stale and simplistic argument at this point.

21 hours ago, Farerb said:

Rings of Power is not nominated for Best Drama series in the Critic's Choice Awards.

The nominees are:

Andor (Disney+)

Bad Sisters (Apple TV+)

Better Call Saul (AMC)

The Crown (Netflix)

Euphoria (HBO)

The Good Fight (Paramount+)

House of the Dragon (HBO)

Severance (Apple TV+)

Yellowstone (Paramount Network)

I'm shocked, shocked!!! RoP should be at the top of that list. So far on top that it hovers right over the list and disappears into the ether...

On 12/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, Ran said:

Wasn't Mawle one of the only actors to get universal praise on the show?

His character was certainly a fan favourite even though the Adar plot is way outside the box.  But it was interesting.  Not nearly as ridiculous for Mawle as Coldhands in GoT.   Durin and Elrond are all around fan favourites as well.   Durin especially is quite a hoot.  I'll also put in a good word for Nori, Poppy and the Stranger as well.

There is some speculation that the character of Adar would be killed off in Season 2.  So perhaps sticking around wasn't that appealing.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:08 PM, mormont said:

I mean, I liked ROP more than most here but honestly, it's hardly a shock that it isn't on that list.

Same here. Season 1 was  slow getting off the ground.  But it has some redeeming characteristics and I'm interested to see where it goes next season before writing it off.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:06 PM, Myrddin said:

@Ser Scot A Ellison Saw this on Reddit and of course you were the first thing I thought of:

A reminder that Denethor's death run was so long that they had time for an entirely separate LotR story's characters to show up and see him running past.

Archived