Will Danaerys be Able to Invade Westeros?

Corvo the Crow

6 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I don't think she would either, but I know she will because of plot. It's not a good idea to start a campaign with winter coming on and no food but it will happen anyway.

If Dany's reasoning for going to Westeros is explicitly about defending both Westeros and Essos from the Others (and, to a lesser extent, preventing Euron Greyjoy from seizing power), then she has to go.

It's an emergency.

Yes, she can cross the Narrow Sea. A lot of people will die in the crossing over one way or another and her forces will end up being scattered all across the southern half of the continent. I picture Dorne, Dragonstone and Gulltown as being the places for regrouping.

16 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

If Dany's reasoning for going to Westeros is explicitly about defending both Westeros and Essos from the Others (and, to a lesser extent, preventing Euron Greyjoy from seizing power), then she has to go.

It's an emergency.

Yes, if she feels she needs to defend from the others and knows about them she will go, but if she has no idea then realistically her advisors would prbably tell her to wait until spring before launching her invasion, otherwise due to lack of food etc. they'd suffer severe attrtion.

58 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

With all these threads about Dany and her army sprouting recently, I believe there is one question that must be answered before all others. Dany is currently at Meereen(well, her forces are) perhaps months of travel away from the western coasts of Essos. Winter has come and we saw that Even the Golden Company, which was already around Volantis, much further west than where Dany was, had trouble crossing the narrow sea by the time they got there. Golden Company has long since left the area and already made their voyage across the sea while Dany is still fixed in Meereen so the weather will get much much worse by the time she's finally prepared to cross the Narrow Sea. Will she be able to cross and Invade Westeros? If GRRM wasn't the kind of writer who was doing plot twists for the sake of plot twists, making them out of thin air with little support or background or whatever, I'd say there's no way that Dany would be able to make to Westeros before the next spring.

This is a different question than that hypothetical asking if the Dothraki and the Unsullied can defeat Westeros and conquer the kingdom. I believe they can. 

Now to your question. It will be the middle of winter when Daenerys makes her move. Half or more of Westeros will have starved, fled, are dead, or got wighted. It will be a sorry state for a kingdom. In my opinion, her battle will be against the Starks, wildlings, and wights. 

That is the story.  A kingdom in trouble and the return of its rightful Targaryen ruler.  So yes.  Daenerys will be able to take her kingdom back from the usurpers.  She is to do what no other can do.  Unite the lands back into one kingdom and repair the damages caused by Robert and his brothers.  

Daenerys has the ability to do that now but she chose to stay in Bay.  She is a remarkable child.  She can accomplish what she sets her goals to.  She is not leaving the slaves behind.  Westeros will have to wait until Dream of Spring before her boots touch the soil of Westeros. 

George has said that many more will sit on the iron throne before Dany.  I presume those throne warmers will be Cersei, Aegon, Arianne, Stannis, and Euron. 

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Now that I think of it, could Dany be William the Bastard? His invasion was long awaited but was delayed first for gathering troops and making ships and then due to bad weather. Just as the Harald Hardrada’s threat handled -which landed a blow that vikings would never recover from- William’s invasion started. Could it be that after fAegon is defeated and Golden Company takes a blow that they’ll never recover from, Dany will make her landing?

I thought the first Aegon was meant to be him?

23 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I can't see any similarities apart from being foreign invaders. Aegon united the seven kingdoms while when William invaded Heptarchy was already unified as England. Since they weren't unified, there's no throne that Aegon was pretender to either.

I think the idea was the First Men were the Britons, then the invading Andals were like the Anglo-Saxons and then the Targaryens were like the Normans and William the Conquorer. Also similar name.

15 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

With all these threads about Dany and her army sprouting recently, I believe there is one question that must be answered before all others. Dany is currently at Meereen(well, her forces are) perhaps months of travel away from the western coasts of Essos. Winter has come and we saw that Even the Golden Company, which was already around Volantis, much further west than where Dany was, had trouble crossing the narrow sea by the time they got there. Golden Company has long since left the area and already made their voyage across the sea while Dany is still fixed in Meereen so the weather will get much much worse by the time she's finally prepared to cross the Narrow Sea. Will she be able to cross and Invade Westeros? If GRRM wasn't the kind of writer who was doing plot twists for the sake of plot twists, making them out of thin air with little support or background or whatever, I'd say there's no way that Dany would be able to make to Westeros before the next spring.

Daenerys is slowly building her power.  I am expecting it will take a long time.  Westeros will be firmly in the grip of the Others, their Stark servants, and the wights.  There will be few of the living left in Westeros.  Invasion is really not accurate.  When Daenerys arrives it will be a rejuvenation and rebuilding of Westeros.  We will not get to see the all of the fruits of her empire building because the story will end while it is still winter.  For that reason, the last title is A Dream of Spring.  We know spring is coming and it is just a matter of time before the ice heads have to hide back in the cold north. 

We are forgetting danys most potent weapon in battle ....plot armour!

When all was lost her dragon eggs hatched

The ancient and wise warlocks forgot dragons breathe fire

The people of astopor decided despite how unlikely the danger that there should be no safety features for the main weapon they sell

Yunkai had the misfortune of hiring a sellword company whos star warrior fell in love with dany and betrayed his leaders and broke their professional reputation for him to have his wicked way

Mereen was unlucky enough to have kicked out one of the few people who knew its sewer system to break the siege quickly

Etc etc

11 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Sorry, I should’ve said all “those threads inspired by the lady Jaenera of the utmost Magnificince’s thread”

Please don’t send me to the torture chambers my lady.

Off with his head! The impertinence. "I shall not be able to eat a bite until I see his head on a spike, with an onion shoved in his mouth."

Archived