Will Danaerys be Able to Invade Westeros?

Corvo the Crow

9 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I think what people were trying to say is that not every person over twelve who wears a Tokar is as guilty as the Masters who crucified the Children. The command 'Harm no child under twelve', could have been interpreted in a variety of ways. It could just mean arrest no child under twelve, or it could mean that children under twelve were to be arrested but not harmed, or it could mean that everyone wearing a tokar over 12 could be harmed. 'Harmed' also has a lot of different meanings. 

Daenerys specifies to slay every man who wears a tokar as well. So potentially this would exclude women wearing tokars. It depends if the Soldiers viewed everyone over 12 as a man, and if man meant males or just people in general.

It’s not just tokar-wearers.  It’s soldiers and overseers, too, ie people who bear weapons.

In this world, it’s likely that at least half of soldiers and overseers will be teens.  One can’t avoid killing them in a fight.

4 hours ago, StarkTullies said:

I didn't say "mass murder", I said "mass murderer".  What else would you call Daario?  Every time he gloats about how many men he kills, with pleasure, Dany finds him increasingly more attractive.  She's obviously drawn to him.  She obviously has a type. 

Yes, Daario boasts about how many people he has killed as well as with how many women he has slept. It's just a boast and Daenerys takes it as such. Ofc one expects him to have killed many people since he is a sellsword but I find it ridiculous trying to depict him as a monster (yes, Daenerys thinks of him as such because of his Red Wedding 2.0 suggestion). Sellswords are hierd to fight other's wars, just like soldiers in Westeros have the obligation to fight in someone else's war.

And one of the reasons she finds him attractive is his swagger :

Dany laughed. She liked the swagger she saw in this Daario Naharis. - A Storm of Swords - Daenerys IV

8 minutes ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

the question is? Why should she? I say she should wait and let aegon get killed along with the lannisters and starts and baratheons and destroy the leftovers

I personally believe that the people in Essos need her more than the people in Westeros. They want her as their leader. The people in Westeros aren't as enthusiastic at all. She would bring another war to the already devastated continent.

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

The people in Westeros aren't as enthusiastic at all. She would bring another war to the already devastated continent.

That is not exactly true. I don't expect everyone to want her but there are definitely people who will welcome her. Expecting everyone to reject her is as ridiculous as expecting everyone to fall in line.

Just now, Oana_Mika said:

That is not exactly true. I don't expect everyone to want her but there are definitely people who will welcome her. Expecting everyone to reject her is as ridiculous as expecting everyone to fall in line.

There are definitely some people in Westeros who want her as Queen, I just meant that proportion wise I think more people in Essos want her as a leader than in Westeros.

Just now, Craving Peaches said:

I'm also concerned that if she leaves Essos, everything will end up like Astapor or the old slaving order will be restored.

Oh, I believe she will not repeat the mistake she did in Astapor (i.e. : not leaving protection behind). I think she will ensure that the heart of the power the masters have is gone and that those who wish to remain there can build something new.

8 minutes ago, Oana_Mika said:

Oh, I believe she will not repeat the mistake she did in Astapor (i.e. : not leaving protection behind). I think she will ensure that the heart of the power the masters have is gone and that those who wish to remain there can build something new.

I’d expect the slaver coalition outside Meereen to be defeated and the Old Blood of Volantis to be overthrown.  Break the slavers’ monopoly of violence, and the weight of numbers is heavily against them.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I’d expect the slaver coalition outside Meereen to be defeated and the Old Blood of Volantis to be overthrown.  Break the slavers’ monopoly of violence, and the weight of numbers is heavily against them.

Volantis is really the rotten heart of slavery.

1 hour ago, Daenerysthegreat said:

Obviously she can invade Westeros, she has a army and three dragons.

the question is? Why should she? I say she should wait and let aegon get killed along with the lannisters and starts and baratheons and destroy the leftovers

She shouldn't go to Westeros at all. I am not sure she understands the feudal system, and she already is in the Slaver's Bay where, frankly, some serious skull-cracking is still required.

Archived