Ukraine 22: Anyone else holding their breath?

Ser Scot A Ellison

The retaking of Kherson, after clearing Kharkiv Oblast and reclaiming territory in the Donbas, is significant but Russia still retains control of a lot of Ukrainian real estate. Ukraine now probably needs to undertake a large-scale dynamic offensive which exceeds Russia's ability to absorb or deflect, and it's far from certain Ukraine will be able to do that in the near future. Ukraine needs a serious break to refresh its forces, and its civil infrastructure is under a lot of pressure from Russian attacks.

On 11/9/2022 at 6:49 PM, broken one said:

Call me paranoid but I'll believe when I see blue-yellow flag in Kherson city

YES! 

I've watched recent episode of Soloviov's channel, translated to Polish. It's pure pleasure to see him explode with anger and despair. To sum it up: he called for attack on NATO bases in Poland, Germany and Romania and urged to catch and shoot cowards, traitors, deserters and those who troll on his blog :lol:

The windows thing in Russia is interesting. Some of Putin's enemies have fallen out of windows but so have some of his allies, even still-in-favour ones. So is just everyone using windows as weapons?

Or have Russian windows themselves gained sentience and supremacy? Will they take control of Russia and usher in a new era of more transparent government?

1 minute ago, Werthead said:

The windows thing in Russia is interesting. Some of Putin's enemies have fallen out of windows but so have some of his allies, even still-in-favour ones. So is just everyone using windows as weapons?

Or have Russian windows themselves gained sentience and supremacy? Will they take control of Russia and usher in a new era of more transparent government?

Hah! I can see right through your pun.

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

6 minutes ago, maarsen said:

Hah! I can see right through your pun.

We clearly need an eyeroll reaction button.

OT is getting all the way to Kherson the most territory taken by Ukraine in a single day?

7 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

Given current events, is Putin still being around this time next year a high probability event?

Hasn’t he already beat the average for a male in Russia?

Of course you are talking about political assassination. I doubt that happens. Have you seen the lengths of his tables?

I would be surprised if his ending ends up being a murderous window. He seems too careful for that.  

23 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Alexander Dugin has apparently called for Putin to be assassinated. 

Truly unhinged.

This is interesting, Dugin made a direct connection to an alleged ancient practice of sacrificing a ruler when gods are angry and punish folk with famine, drought etc. 

Putin as a Prince of Pentos :rolleyes: 

The "National Liberation Movement" held a march in Moscow yesterday calling for a nuclear attack on Washington, DC.

Presumably they wouldn't be standing in Moscow if that was to happen (and certainly wouldn't for very long).

13 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Hasn’t he already beat the average for a male in Russia?

Of course you are talking about political assassination. I doubt that happens. Have you seen the lengths of his tables?

I would be surprised if his ending ends up being a murderous window. He seems too careful for that.  

Murderous windows are so hard to see coming.

A couple of Ukrainian soldiers showing off some kit the Russians have left behind.
Looks nice and modern

8 hours ago, Arakasi said:
Apparently Ukraine isn’t about to let up. Amphibious assault on the Kinburn peninsula in progress.

I'll be wanting a more trustworthy source before believing that one

53 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The "National Liberation Movement" held a march in Moscow yesterday calling for a nuclear attack on Washington, DC.

Presumably they wouldn't be standing in Moscow if that was to happen (and certainly wouldn't for very long).

The disconnects between the Russian war hawks' war fantasies and reality is something special, if not dreadful, to behold. 

Archived